Sunday, February 26, 2006

119.8kg

Just realised that I haven’t posted an update since Wednesday!

How bad is that then??

OK, the presentation that I did on Thursday night went well, although I spoke too fast! I am sure that everyone got what I was trying to say, but time will tell…….

We went out for drinks after the conference was finished, and then for dinner, which turned out to have been double booked at the restaurant, so we ended up going to another pub and having a meal there. It was still good though!

I decided to be an adult though, and went home at about midnight…….

Found out the next day that some got in at 3.30am, and 3 of the group still hadn’t made an appearance back at the hotel by 7.30am! They had a flight to catch at 10.30am!

I am WAAAAAY too old for that carry on – especially with work the net day!

Friday night I ended up going out to a work mates place for drinks for her birthday, and got home at about midnight again!

I must say that my husband wasn’t none too impressed with that, but I am sure that he has forgiven me now!

I only had one night at home last week, so I guess being a solo dad was wearing pretty thin by Friday night!

I have spent all weekend with him and our girl though, cos I missed them like crazy through the week! It has been blimmen good to have some quiet family time, just pottering around doing stuff…….

Oh yeah – weight in!

I weighed in on Saturday morning and recorded a loss of 2.4kgs! YAY!

Takes me back down to under the dreaded 120kg mark, and I am now sitting on 119.8kg.

I plan on walking in the mornings again this week, so hopefully that will mean a good loss next week too!

Ummmmm, what else??

Oh yeah – someone asked about care for Rhian, and if we had sorted something out?

Well, we ended up going with the friend of the lady that used to look after her. Rhian already knew her, so that was great!

Although I must admit, this first week has been a little emotional!

I guess it must be hard for Rhian, cos she has been going to Julies every day since she was 3 months old!! Now all of a sudden that has all changed and she has a completely different routine.

A few mornings this week she has cried when we have left her, and I have ended up in tears too.

The silly thing is, that Cathy says she stops after about 30 seconds and is happy as for the rest of the day!

In fact one day last week, she packed a tantrum cos she didn’t want to come home with us! She wanted to stay and play!!

Anyway, there may be more changes in the wind, as Julie is not sure that the job she got is really for her, and she is missing Rhian terribly! Not to mention her own kids of course, who are going to after school care – which they hate!

So, a decision will be made this week about what she is going to do, so Rhian might just end up going back to her beloved Julie after all…… we will see!!
I’m also thinking about my future with Tupperware at the moment.

Don’t get me wrong…….. I LOVE the stuff!!!
But I am finding that I am not dating as many parties as I would like, and I am taking it too personally! I know that it is not ME that people are saying no to – it is Tupperware, but it is hard to separate those two things when the person is saying no to your face! Hehehe…

Also, I am getting pressure form my manager to recruit others and branch out as a new manager myself, and I just don’t have the time to do that at all!

To be honest – I would LOVE to make loads of money selling plastic stuff, but I also would LOVE to be able to spend some more time with my family. And to be a manager you need to be averaging about 2 – 3 parties per week!!! That is 2 – 3 nights out of my week that I would have to dedicate to selling Tupperware
And like I said – I love the stuff, but I love my family more!!

Anyway, I haven’t made any firm decisions as yet, but watch this space……..

OK, time to toddle off to bed now, since I am getting up earlier, I am finding that I need to get to sleep earlier too!

Fancy that!?!

Comments:
im so glad you sorted something with Rhian, and someone she already knew too, huge bonus! My manager was the same with Tupperware, very pushy on the recruiting and becoming a manager, and your right, being a manager takes a tonne of time and i too was not prepared to lose time with my family to do it. so now i told my manager i dont do parties anymore, but am still on the books placing small orders now and again. and that is enough for me, but if you want a couple more parties why not do a dating focus with your manager?? you should get some more that way. anyway im blabbering now, amazing how i can talk for ages about plastic! but FANTASTIC loss chick! that rocks!! your doing absolutly fabbo!! i have so much to tell you, but will email you, better not take too much more room up here!!! :p
xxx
 
Awesome loss mate! But yeah I already told ya that on Saturday! :)
Hmmmmm that wonderful plastic fantastic stuff - yeap I could talk for ages about it too but you are right family comes first and foremost! :)
 
Great loss Jo!! Well done:)

You seem similar to my daughter - with so much on your plate. You already have a full time job - the tupperware may be fine just as a sideline but sounds as if they want more from you! Hard call but maybe they should accept that you will do it when you want and can rather than go all out there.

Pleased Rhian lieks her new carer -I'm sure it will all work out.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?