Monday, March 13, 2006

Bronze...

I am well overdue an update – I know!

I am also well overdue a weigh in too!

But some bright spark (me) had the silly idea of taking the battery out of the scales so that I didn’t jump on them every day, and guess what??

Yep – I can’t find the damn battery!

It wouldn’t be a problem if it was a normal battery, but this battery is like a bigger version of a watch battery, and I have to go find another one…….

ARGH!!!!!

Anyway, I completely forgot to even try to weigh in on Saturday morning.

I was too busy rushing around (in the dark) trying not to wake anyone else up before heading off to my DragonBoat regatta.

Turns out I did wake everyone up, but I did also leave on time – so that was a bit of a first for me – I am ALWAYS late to everything!!

It was an early start, and I had to leave at about 7am to be on time to pick a team mate up at 7.30am, then be in the city at the tent site at 8am.

It was a bit tight, but we made it in the end, and it was the start of a great day!!!

It was hard work, but I enjoyed every minute of it, and I am very proud to say that our team came third in the National Corporate Social Grade, and got a bronze medal each for our effort!

YAY!!!!

I apparently wore my medal all night! Hehehehe……..

The party afterwards was fantastic too, and Chris and I had planned ahead and booked into a hotel for the night in the city, so that neither of us had to drive home….. GOOD THINKING HUH??

Anyway, a fantastic day (and night) was had by all, and I will DEFINITELY be joining the team next year as well!

It is totally disappointing to see that the Regatta in Hamilton has been called off, as it makes the season very short, but that is life, and just like the U2 concert – it is totally out of our control.

Anyway, I am bloated and hormonal and grumpy today, so maybe it is just as well that I cant find the damn battery to the scales, cos I hate to think what it would read after the midnight McDonalds visit we had on Saturday night – plus of course the copious amounts of alcohol that were consumed!!

I got my period today, and a face full of pimples to match my sunburn from the weekend – so I am just a wreck, but thankfully this only lasts for the first few days, then I will be back to “normal” again.

THANK GOD!!!!

I have been really good with my excerise still, and managed to get out nearly every morning last week. I didn’t go out this morning, as my right thigh is really sore – it is the leg that I balance on in the boat, and I didn’t bother to stretch out after any races!! That’ll teach me!!!

Anyway, I was still really stiff and sore at lunch time, so I figured that a walk around the block might loosen things up, so I put my discman on, and off I went!

It did help to loosen my leg up, but only for a little while, then I was back to walking like a 100 year old!

After work, Chris, Rhain and I went out walking again, and even though it was only around the big block, it has done my leg wonders again.

I will try to get out in the morning too……..

We went swimming with Rhian last Thursday, and I am happy to say that I managed to do 32 lengths this time........ 10 without stopping, then I had a rest and went back into the other pool with Rhain and Chris, then went back in and did another 22........ It was GREAT! We are going to try to get down there at least once a week with our girl - she loves the water just as much as her mum does!!!

OK, I’m gonna head off to bed for a VERY early night!

I’m still trying to catch up on sleep from the weekend!

Comments:
Well done on the bronze!! does sound like you all had a great time!

Also well done on losing your battery for the scales (I found one for ours and I was not impressed with the result)
 
Yahooooo for getting bronze medals - awesome work! And yay for going for it next year too! :) Sounds like you had a fantastic day and night :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?