Thursday, March 02, 2006

I'm OK

Thanks to everyone that has offered suggestions….

I’m trying to take it all on board.

The thing is, I KNOW what to eat. I KNOW what to do.

I KNOW it all……… I just don’t know how to keep hold of the amazing feeling that I have when I am succeeding.

You see, the instant gratification that I get from “bad” food, far overpowers the long term “dreams” that I may have in my head at that moment.

Does that make sense?

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that I am OK.

I’m not depressed or manic or anything else.

Just a bit down about where I am and where I think I should have been.

Can’t go back to Weight Watchers.

It is $18 per week that we just don’t have.

Literally.

Plus, the leader at the only meeting I can go to, sucks! To put it quite blunty.

She is a yukky lady that I have never clicked with, and as long as she is the leader at the meeting, then I wont go back – no matter if I had the $18 per week or not.

OK, so this morning I got up and went out walking, it felt great. I even ran a bit more than what I did yesterday – feels fantastic to be able to.

Food was OK, until we had a lunch shout of pizza, but I’m over that now, and I guess 3 slices of pizza in the big scheme of things ain’t really that much of an issue.

We had a glorious salad for dinner, with a pork chop and some baked pumpkin……. Tasty!

Tomorrow will be a bit of a test.

I have a day long training course in the city with lunch and snacks provided, so it will be interesting to see what is on offer.

Then tomorrow night we are having drinks, as one of the guys that I work with is leaving.

It will be a challenge, but one that I can hopefully face up to, and tackle without a problem.

I’ll let you know…….

Weigh day on Saturday, so I’ll be back then.

Oh yeah – I DID take the battery out of the scales!

Back to ONCE a week weighing for me now!

Comments:
Glad you are feeling a bit better - it really is awful feeling like that. I have a really good book I'd be happy to lend you till the baby is born (I'm gonna read it again once I get back into losing weight etc) - it's about emotional eating, by Geneen Roth - I found it really good to help me identify some of the reasons that I eat, even when I'm not hungry. Just let me know and I'll pop it in the post for you - but won't be offended if you'd rather not :-)
 
know what umean about leaders Jo. We have a 'lady'here talking about starting up WW because there areso many fat people on town and it doesn't look good for our town they should all loose weight. She hasn't got or never has had a weight problem and is so high and mighty(I worked for her for couple of years) that I sure won't be going even if she does get it off the ground. Not sure that she will as others have tried b4.
Good luck with weigh in Saturday, hopefully with that in mind today(Friday) will go better.
Hugs
 
Hi Jo

I find this week has been so much easier not weighing in daily - glad that you ahve taken your battery out of the scales! I just feel so much better not either getting fed if the scales are up or cruising when they go down. Have a good week!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?