Thursday, March 30, 2006

Lunch


I tried something different for lunch today.

You see, for weeks and weeks I have been having the same old thing, which happens to be cereal and yoghurt!

Partly because I love the taste of it, and partly because I have been too lazy to get anything else prepared!

But today, after talking to a work mate, and telling her that by 3pm I am usually STARVING, she suggested that maybe I am not eating enough at lunch time.

So, I trotted of to the supermarket in search of something filling, yet yummy, and low fat!!!

What did I come back with??

A packet of corn thins, a tin of crushed pineapple in natural juice and low fat cottage cheese.

I mixed the pineapple and cottage cheese together and piled it up onto 4 of the corn thins.

And I LOVED every mouthful of it!

BUT........ it's 3.20pm and I am hungry!!

I thought that by having a bit of protein for lunch, that it would maybe help to stop the 3pm rumblings in my tummy, but it is not to be.

Oh yeah - I only had lunch at 2pm!!!!  

Just over an hour ago!

What is up with that!?!?!

This is my danger time.

This is the time that I go prowling for chocolate or lollies or anything else that is an instant fix.

NOT TODAY THOUGH!!  

No way!

I haven't stayed on track for 3 whole days to give in to the 3pm hunger pangs........

I came prepared today.

I have 2 apples and an orange in my bag, and if that fails, I have a natural fruit and cereal bar as well!

Plus of course, LOADS of water.....

Speaking of water....... I might suggest swimming tonight!

I was meant to go walking last night, but my walking buddy pulled out, and that was the perfect excuse not to go myself!

Slack huh??

Even on the way home, I said to Chris that I NEEDED to go walking......

But, when I got home and started on the housework and dinner, I lost all motivation and put on some warm clothes and stayed indoors!!!!!!!

If I can go home and get chaged immediately, then I am fine...... I reckon that I would have gone if I could have done that.

But I didn't.

SLACK!!!

I have done ZERO exercise this week.

NOTHING

NADA

ZILCH

Not one single skerrick of anything that even vaugely resembles exercise to be precise!!!

I NEED to do something!

I rang the gym today.  

They open at 5.30am - that suits me!

I could go tot he gym instead of going out walking in the morning!  

That way - the rain would never be an excuse right??

I'm 85% sure that I will join.......... just gotta convince the other 15% that it is a great investment in my future!!!


Comments:
Can three or four servings of dairy a day keep the fat cells away. Yes!!!..... According to an American study in nutrition a diet high in calcium suppresses calcitriol, a hormone that commands fat cells to burn less and store more. The calcium is to come from dairy products and the idea is to add 2 cups of yoghurt daily to our intake of food. Maybe for an afternoon pick me up you could have a cup of low fat plain yoghurt along with a piece of fruit. Just an idea that I am trying myself. I am also making my own yoghurt. Will be interesting to see how it goes.
Luv
Mum xoxo
 
Yes, join the gym. Go everyday (maybe have one rest day) and make it part of your routine. You won't regret it and soon you will find it hard to imagine NOT going! I kid you not. You're an inspiration. Good on you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?