Monday, April 03, 2006

I'm a gym bunny!

Rhian has finally figured out that she can get out of her bed by herself now...........

6.51am on Sunday morning, I heard the pitter patter of tiny feet, and then a wee blonde head popped up beside the bed and said "mummy!"

She was SOOOOO proud of herself!!!

My baby girl is growing up too fast!!!!!!!!!!!!

Growing UP is the operative word here.......... she is getting taller, but not getting any rounder - which is good as far as I am concerned, but it makes it damn hard to buy her clothes that fit!!!

She is a size 2 on her top half...... that means that the tops are long enough and so are the arms.

But on her bottom half, she is still a size 1, but they are all too short!!

We went out and bought her heaps of clothes for winter, all in size 2, and the tops are all great, but the bottoms are too big, and slide off her non-existant hips and butt!

Hehehehe..........

Maybe she WILL be a supermodel and take after her Aunty Steph after all!

Anyway........ enough of that!!!

I went to the gym yesterday as planned......... YAY ME!!!

It was quite funny really, cos I was so excited about going, I was ready half an hour before I was due to leave!!

I was like a kid at Christmas time, I tell ya!!

Anyway, I met my friend at her place and we went in one car, so that she could show me where to park etc......

Now, before I go on, I will explain something........

There is a gym in Upper Hutt, and a gym in Lower Hutt that are owned by the same people - Lifestyle Fitness.

After talking with Ange, my friend, I decided that I would really LOVE to work out with her some of the evenings, but also I want to be able to work out in the mornings before work some days too.

Ange is a member of the Lower Hutt gym, but if I joined that one, then it would mean having to bring two cars to work each day and I would have to get showered and changed for work at the gym....... I didn't want to do that.

But, then if I joined the Upper Hutt gym, then that would mean that I wouldn't be able to work out with Ange in the evenings..........

For those that don't know, it is about a 25 minute drive from Upper Hutt (where I live) to Lower Hutt (where I work).

ANYWAY........... I found out that Lifestyle offer something that is called a "Dual Membership" which basically means that for an extra small fee per week, I can use either gym whenever I like!

Cool huh?? So that is exactly what I have done, and the plan is this:

Monday, Wednesday & Friday mornings, I will go along to the Upper Hutt gym and do my cardio workouts, then go home, get showered and changed and go to work.

Tuesday & Thursday evenings, I will go to the Lower Hutt gym with Ange and we will do our weights sessions.........

Then, on the weekends, we will decide at the time what one to go to and what we will do, ie, cardio, weights or a class.

Make sense??

It also means that I can still walk in the evenings when and if Chris wants to go out, or, like on a Wednesday, I have a walking buddy - like the wonderful, inspiring, gutsy, gorgeous Helena!

Hehehehe............ Can ya tell that I am ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be back soon...........

Comments:
you sound great chickie :) just fanastic! go the Gym!! :)
 
Woooohoooo! You sound so pumped hun! Way to go!
 
As I said - Jo is back!!
 
*blush* stop it, you are scaring me
 
It's fantastic that you have joined the gym!!

I know how you feel about kids clothes - my son is 6 but is wearing size 3 jeans, and my 9 year old needs size 8 jeans because 7 isn't long enough - but they are very loose....wish I had that problem...lol
 
I can't believe Rhian is running, and talking!!! It seemed like yesterday I held her as a little newborn.

Anyway just letting you know I'm back up and running ... my new blog is http://bills-honey.blogspot.com/
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?