Tuesday, April 04, 2006

More from yesterday...


I never did get back yesterday to finish my update.......

I actually had to do some work!!

Shock Horror!!!

OK, so back to Sunday morning and me being all keen as mustard to go to the gym.......

It was really funny, cos I was raring to go and Ange was cracking up at me!

We got there and did a warm up on the bikes, then hit the treadmills, then did some light weights, then I went on the rower, then we did some stretches.

IT ROCKED!!!!!!

I sweated like a pig, and felt damn fantastic afterwards!!!

After the gym, I raced home and we headed off to Dannevirke to collect a single bed that Chris's parents had at their place for Rhian.

We just hung around and chatted the afternoon away, then it came to dinner time, and I had a choice to make.

We could either have takeaways, which would have been the easy option.  Or we could cook something.

No one seemed that enthused to do much of anything, so we headed off to the supermarket and bought a chicken and a salad and a loaf of bread and took it back and had chicken and salad.......... and it was lovely!!!!

I tell ya what - I felt ON FIRE that day!!!  

Exercise, healthy eating......... it all makes me feel fantastic!!!!!!

We got home at about 9.30pm on Sunday night, and I had to get my gym gear ready for the morning, cos I had my orientation booked for 6am, and I wanted to make sure that I was there on time!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am ALWAYS the last to arrive anywhere......... I'm TERRIBLE at getting anywhere on time to be honest!!

Anyway, the next morning, I was awake BEFORE my alarm went off at 5.30am!!!

I turned it off so that it wouldn't wake Chris when it did go off, and I got changed and grabbed my towel and bottle and off I headed!

I must admit, that I had one very "put out" dog though!  She thought that we must have been going for a walk, and the look that she gave me when I picked up the car keys........ Priceless!

OK, so I got to the gym, and pulled up into the carpark to see a few personalised plates on cars........ one read something like MSCLMN (MuscleMan) and there was another that read RAMBO, so I was freaking out, thinking that the gym was gonna be packed of huge muscle bound guys hell bent on pumping more iron than I could ever dream of lifting!  It was quite intimidating, walking in the door alone at that hour of the morning, not knowing what to expect........

But I did it, and I held my head up high the whole time!!!

I got there at about 5.40am and the chick on reception expressed amazement that I was early - she said no one EVER turns up early!  Hehehehe.........

I jumped on a bike and within 2 mins, my newly appointed personal trainer came and introduced herself to me.

She was tiny!!!  

And muscly!!

And lovely!!!

We went off into a room where she got a bit of my history and my goals, then weighed me fully clothed with shoes on (and keys in my pocket!!!) and the scales said 121kgs.

I wasn't too phased by that though, as like I said - I was fully clothed WITH SHOES!!  Hehehehe......

I mean, it's not as if I could strip off right then and there huh?  Hehehehe, didn't want to give the poor thing a heart attack!!

After all the official bits were done, we went out into the gym and she made me start on the treadmill...........

10 mins @ 6.5km per hour and an incline of 2.

After 10 mins of that I was huffing and puffing and sweating, and then we started on the machines and swiss ball.........

Anyway, she well and truly put me through my paces and again, it felt FANTASTIC!!!

I sweated the whole time and felt as if I was actually ACHIEVING something!

It was so different to when I joined the gym a few years ago......... they were really light weights and easy exercises.

These were heavier weights and harder exercises, with a trainer standing beside me encouraging me the whole time!  

I know that she wont be there all the time, but having her there for the first session, telling me that she believes I have the right attitude to succeed, was a godsend!!!!

YEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt like the gym bunny that I professed to be!!!!

After the work-out and cool down, we talked some more, and she said that my goals are totally achievable, but it is not going to be an easy ride.

Hahaha - tell someone who DOESN'T already know that one hunny!!!

Hell, I KNOW that this is gonna be hard work - but it is like I have heard that magical CLICK in my head that I have been waiting on forever!!!

I mean I heard that CLICK loud and clear when I first started this journey......... but since I had Rhian, to be honest, I haven't really been that enthused about it at all............ As if you haven't noticed!!!!   Hehehehehehe.......

So............. I'M BACK BABY!!!!!

And I'm better than ever!!!!!!!!!

And I'm gonna kick ass and get to goal!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!

Bring it on baby............ this is my LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's coming along for the ride?!?!?!?!?!?!


P.S.  And just for the record............ I didn't see no MSCLMN or any RAMBO at the gym!!!!   Hehehe, maybe they were dreaming when they got the plates huh??

Comments:
Yay - you sound fantastic!! :-)
 
omg mate, you are going to go ahead in leaps and bounds ... good on ya!!!!!!! You will just love the changes you'll start to see you in bod! It's a buzz!
 
You sound so pumped and rearing to go u gym bunny u. Go Jo Go
 
hun this post brought tears to my eyes, you rock Chick!! :) xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?