Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Quick...


Got home from mum and dad's place last night.....

Had the crappiest nights "sleep" ever!!!

Seemed to watch the minutes tick by soooooo  s l o w l y

Nearly ended up in tears at about 4am, I was so tired!!!

But I still got up at 5.15am and went to the gym this morning...

Work is mental today, so that doesn't help the pounding headache I have had most of yesterday and today!

Going out walking with Helena this evening, so maybe that might kick this damn headache once and for all!

Might make it worse of course, but hey - it's worth a shot huh??

Been a points counting angel today.......

But after the weekend, I reckon it will take a couple of weeks to undo the damage!

Haven't been brave enough to jump on the scales yet - I'll leave that until Saturday morning.

Oh yeah, we are going to a wedding on Saturday, and I have nothing to wear!!!

ARGH!!

Well, actually, I have a wardrobe full of clothes, but nothing that really jumps out and says "WEDDING"

Dunno what I will wear........

Chris ripped the shower out in the ensuite yesterday while I was away...

Turns out the rotten skirting board (that I put the vacuum cleaner through a couple of weeks ago) is MUCH MUCH more than just rotten skirting board!!

The floor is falling to pieces, and so is the back of the vanity unit!!

Stupid thing is, that the insurance company wont cover it, as they deem it to be caused by "lack of maintenance!!!"

How the hell can it be a lack of maintenance when it was leaking BEHIND the damn wall where we couldn't see it!!!!!!

I'm gonna fight these bastards all the way I tell ya!!

Anyway, it means that our ensuite now consists of a vanity unit that is falling to bits, a gaping hole where the shower used to be, and a toilet.

I guess at least the loo still works huh??

I have shoved towels into all the holes in the floor and walls, cos I am paranoid about mice or rats or creepy crawlies getting in to my house!!!

Ewwwww yuck!!!

OK, so much for being a quick update......

Gotta get back to work!


Comments:
Hope all is well in the bathroom department and you fought with the insurance company.. they can be bastards at times..
 
If there was a leaking pipe behind the wall then it is covered under the Gradual damage part of your insurance policy. If y ou let me know who you arei nsured with, I will try to get a copy of the wording & show you which bits to quote. In the meantime get plumber to fix pipe & put on his bill that it was a leaking pipe. Email me at tracy@paramountins.co.nz
 
I'm with you at keeping rats and mice out of the house all the cracks and gaps in this house are full of foam stuff from the DIY shops think its called Space Invaders.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?