Monday, May 29, 2006

busy busy busy...


Wow....... what a hectic few days we have had!
Friday after work we headed off to Dannevirke to stay two nights with Chris's family.
It was good, and very relaxing.  Rhian got spoilt rotten as usual, and she had a ball with her Gran, Ganka & Aunty Julie!
Sunday morning we went across to Foxton to have a family lunch (Rotorua & Wellington rellies) at mum and dad's place, so Rhian got spoilt again and has her Nanna and Grandad wrapped firmly around her little finger.

The family lunch was good.  It was great to be able to catch up with all the relatives in one go!  
Of course there were a few inane comments from a couple of people, but I tried not to let them get to me!
Sunday night we drove back home again, unpacked the car, got Rhian to bed, then I headed off to bed as well..... I think I was in bed by 8pm!!
My back is killing me cos I have spent two nights on a bed that is a bit too small and a bit too soft for my liking, but hey - that's life!
I've eaten my way through yet another weekend, and have now struggled through most of a Monday with a "Sugar Hangover" and sometimes I think they are a damn lot harder to deal with than a "regular" hangover!
Why is it that I can be the Super Diet Girl through the week, and get my ass to the gym, yet the weekend strikes, and all good intentions go out the window??????

We had Subway on the way up to Dannevirke on Friday night for dinner.......
Not too bad I hear you say??
Yep - I agree........ not too bad at all actually!
EXCEPT
Have you ever tried the white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies that they sell????
Oh My God!!!
DELISH!!!

Anyway, I ONLY had one on Friday night.........
Saturday breakfast was good - toast and coffee
Lunch was Subway again........... but with the Subway roll, came  the Subway cookies!!!
two to be exact..... mine and Rhian's.
Then of course I had to get some to take away as well!!
Why couldn't I just leave well enough alone??
Anyway, throughout the rest of the day, and the next morning, I successfully munched my way through 5 of the 6 extra cookies!!!!!!!!!
MISS PIGGY!!!!
Saturday night we went out for dinner, and instead of getting a steak like i usually do, i decided on the Chicken Maryland....
Well, it was half a blimmen chicken, covered in a coating, then deep fried!!!!!!!!!
OK, so it was only half a small chicken, but it was still half a chook all the same!
I ate the whole thing too!
Left some chips on my plate, but scoffed all the chicken dammit!
And to be honest............. it wasn't even that nice!
In fact - it was blimmen YUKKY!!!
I should have just got the bloody steak and been a "good" girl!!!
Anyway..............  Sunday lunch wasn't too bad, but then it was the dessert that killed me - a delicious cheesecake thing with banana and pineapple - made by my mum - the best cook in the entire world!!
BUT....... it wasn't her shovelling it into my mouth was it??

NO!!!
On our way home last night - we stopped at BURGER KING for dinner!!  Of course, we could have stopped at Subway........ hehehe
So, all in all, it has been a pretty shit weekend on the diet side of things..
I REALLY need to learn how to control myself over the weekend more.
I am doing all this great work during the week, only to ruin it on the weekend - stupid really!
OK, so that is me in a nutshell.......
Gotta go do some more work now!!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?