Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I'm Hummin...

Well, the Healthcare shop saw me coming!!
$93 later, thank you very much!!!!

I am sure that I have already mentioned this, but I'll say it again - quickly.
I have been on Laxatives (Dr prescribed) for about 4 or 5 months now. And quite simply - I don't want to have to take them anymore!!!
I stopped taking them about 12 days ago with the naive hope that my body would have somehow changed it's mind about doing poos, and would now go regularly - just like a normal person!!
Hahahahahaha......... how wrong was I??
The first day or two was fine, I DID go, but then my body stopped cooperating again, and I went FIVE DAYS without going!!!!
That is when I gave in and started taking the laxatives again......... and VIOLA, there was poos!!!

But......... It didn't solve my problem of not wanting to be on medication long term, for something that I believe should be able to be fixed.
So........ I set off for the Health Shop in search of advice......
I got lots of advice, lots of pills, and a big bill!
Hehehehe.........
BUT....... I would rather spend a bit now, and have a chance of maybe reversing some of the damage that has been done over the years, then have to take laxatives twice a day for the rest of my life!
I'll let you know how I go!!

I gymmed this morning......... had a great workout, and although I could have quite happily turned my alarm off and gone back to sleep, I MADE myself get out of bed and get changed, and I am glad that I did!
It really does set me up for the day - makes me feel SOOO much better about life in general!
Put a pair of pants on this morning, and they felt a bit LOOSER!!!
Oh My God!!!
And also, instead of looking in the mirror and hating everything that I see, this morning, it didn't bother me, in fact, instead of thinking
"GROSS, just LOOK at those disgusting fat thighs",
I thought
"Hmmmmm, those thighs will be smaller soon!"
Amazing huh??
All because I had a good sleep and a great gym workout!
Those endorphins sure so feel FANTASTIC when they are racing around in my body!!!!

I was thinking yesterday, about things that I can do now that I have lost weight, and also about things that I used to do when I was heavier.

High heels
When I was at my heaviest, I couldn't wear high heels.
I used to say it was because I didn't "need" any extra height, cos at 6ft 1in, I was tall enough.
The truth was actually because my feet hurt too much to wear high heels!
I was too heavy, and the balls of my feet would burn baby burn after about an hour of wearing anything higher than about an inch!!!
Now, that I have lost weight, there is not so much pressure on my poor tootsies, and I can wear high heels all day long now!!
YAY for me and high heels!!!
I don't CARE that they make me taller than everyone else - I already was anyway!
Hehehehehehehehe.......

Bugger, have to do some work now, just remembered that I have the next two days away from the office!! Hehehehe.......
Best I get my butt into gear!!!

Comments:
Yay for high heels, lol. I'm sure I read somewhere that you work a bit harder when you are wearing them too, so they are good for you!

The problem with laxatives, I found out from looking after people in the hospital, is that your body becomes dependent on them. But I'm sure you can break that over time, but in the meantime it sure feels better to go than not go!
 
They saw me coming to honey, I also spent about $95 dollars. They convinced me to get 'flaxseed pills' (god knows why) and a womens multi vitamin (which is quite good) called Swisse Women's Ultivite.........is that what you ended up with? Don't forget to give it 3 or 4 days before you start seeing results.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?