Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I'm Shattered!!!

it's been a long day, and a brain draining day at that!
I have been on a course in the city all day, and I go back tomorrow as well.
It is called "Developing Influencing & Motivational Skills"
I am learning a hell of a lot, so that is great - but my poor old brain hurts!!
Hahahahahaa...........
Even though I was out of my comfort zone, I was still a diet queen today!
For morning tea they had little savoury things (pastry with filling - dunno what it was but it looked like egg and something), so I just had a coffee..... left the food on the plate and felt happy about it!
Lunch was chicken kebabs (stick ones, not wrap ones), club sandwiches, corn fritters, and mini filled rolls. I had a couple of club sandwiches, one corn fritter, one chicken kebab and one mini filled roll! I was well pleased with myself for that too!
Afternoon tea was custard and fruit tarts, and I happily left them on the plate as well..... in fact, I just had a glass of water.
All in all I think I was very successful in my eating today, and I also managed about a litre of water too!

I went to the gym after the course with a friend from work, and did about an hour, so that was fantastic, and I'll go again in the morning as well, but just stick to some cardio work I think.
My muscles are a bit fatigued today, I think I overdid it on Tuesday morning to be honest!
But anyway, I am really enjoying it, and the secret for me is getting enough sleep so that I can get out of bed in the morning and actually get to the gym, instead of turning my alarm off and going back to sleep!

Rhian is going well at daycare, she loves playing with the other kids and all the toys etc.
It is still hard leaving her, and she still cries, but apparently she stops pretty much as soon as we are out of sight! Little minx!
It will take a week or two for her to get used to it, and we expected this, so we just have to go with the flow until she is settled again.... I'm sure it wont be long.

Nothing more to say, cos my brain is fried and my body is knackered, so I'm about to go to bed and get some sleep, so that the gym wont seem like such a huge mission in the morning!

Night night!

Comments:
It does take a while for them to stop crying when you leave them. My neice has been coming to my house once a week for a few months now, and she's only just stopped crying when my brother leaves her - although she still bursts into tears when she seems him pull up, hehe, sweetie.

Gosh you did so well with that catered food - I usually use that as a chance to eat all the nice things and not feel too guilty!!
 
Excellent choices at the course mate, I am a sucker for 'course' food and usually overdo it but you did soooooo well PLUS the gym....wahoo.
There is a little girl there (about 4 and a half) called Renee and she looks a bit like Rhian (blonde with blue eye's) and she is a real little sweetie. She loves looking after the little kids, so maybe just ask her if she could give Rhian a cuddle when you leave and I reckon this will make a major difference and Rhian will instantly have her own 'big kid' friend?
 
great choices at the course! mmm chicken kebabs sound yum! lol

and great going at the gym!!

its so great that Rhian is enjoying Day Care! youll have all sorts of paintings and creations coming home soon!
 
Great work at the gym Jo!

Can imagine you would feel bad leaving Rhian at Day care but sounds as if she is doing fine:)
 
Awesome choices
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?