Sunday, June 04, 2006

Big catch up...

It’s June already!! How’d that happen then huh???
My God, we are nearly half way through the year, and I am sitting on the same weight that I was at the beginning of LAST year!!
Is that just plain damn crazy bad or WHAT???
Not gonna dwell, not gonna sulk, I’ve done that already – I’m over it – time to move on...
I thought that m eating had been pretty good last week, I tracked every day, and allowed myself 24 points per day……….. in hindsight that was too many! But in saying that, I only went over points (26) on Thursday, so I thought I had done pretty good!But, imagine my utter disgust when the scales registered 122.6kg on Saturday morning!!!!!
OMG!!!
I’d had a perfect day on Friday, tonnes of water, really good food choices, and then I get THAT on the scales!?!
HA! What crap!
I guess I should have waited until this morning to weigh, cos just 24 hours later the scales read 121.3kg, so that meant a loss of 1.3kg in just one day!
Dunno what the hell my body is playing at, but whatever it is – I DON’T LIKE IT!!!
But…… like I said, not gonna dwell or sulk – just have to get over it (which I am I hope) and move on…… And throw those damn scales out the window!!!! hehehe...
Work are running a competition called “The Biggest Loser” and of course, unless you have been hiding under a rock for the past couple of years, you will know what it is all about, cos you would have seen the show on TV.
There was NO WAY that I was gonna enter it…….. you see, whenever I place pressure on myself, I fail – and I fail spectacularly!!!
So, I had visions of me becoming the “Biggest Gainer” and there was NO WAY that I was gonna do that in front of all my workmates – NO WAY!!!
But I tell ya something – seeing a photo of yourself in togs will REALLY help to change your mind!!!
Thursday night I was browsing through some photos on the computer, and I found one of me in togs – GROSS!!!
I took it on the auto-setting on our camera, so no humans eye were harmed in the process, and I have never really looked at it before…………. Until Thursday night!
OK, admittedly, it was me at 126kg, but hey – that is realistically only 4kgs away from where I am at now!!It is revolting! And there is no way, no how, no chance of me EVER letting anyone see it……..
But it has given me the fright I needed to step up my game and get serious about this crap!
Do I really wanna be sitting here in another 2 years time bitching and moaning about the fact that I cant get to 99kg??
Cos if I don’t up the pace NOW, then there is every chance that I will be!!!
So it stops HERE and NOW……….. well, actually, it stopped Thursday night when I laid eyes on that picture……… but it is OVER!!!
All that pissing about, making excuses for not exercising, trying to justify (to myself) why it is OK to eat another Subway cookie!
So…….. I signed up for the Biggest Loser challenge at work!!!!
Oh My God!!!
It starts on Tuesday, and runs for either 6 or 12 weeks – I can’t remember!!!
But, it is great timing, cos they also announced at work, that we will be having a mid year “Starlight Ball” on the 26th August!!!
That means evening gowns and high heels……….. WOOHOO!!
I have a dream……….. to fit the dress that I wore as a bridesmaid for Steph’s wedding (10kg ago!!!), and to look HOT in it!!!!
And I have a goal – to be the BIGGEST LOSER at work!!!
BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!

OK, all that aside, I just have to add that I didn’t melt this morning when I went out walking in the rain at 8am!!!!!
Yep – you read that right!!!
8am on a Sunday morning!!!
Amazing huh??
I had a crap night’s sleep, and was wide awake for most of it, I ended up getting up at 6.30am and letting Chris sleep on….. Then Rhian woke up about 5 minutes after I got up, so we read books and played with puzzled until about 8am, when I decided that a walk would be nice, so I bundled her up, and then me, and off we set with Teagan in the rain……..
We looked like drowned rats when we got home an hour later…..
Oh hang on, I looked like a drowned rat, Teagan looked like a drowned rat, but Princess Rhian was as snug as a bug underneath the rain cover in her pushchair!!
Must have looked (and sounded) a sight too……… cos she wanted me to sing to her half way round the walk, so Twinkle Twinkle Little Star got sung about 50 million times!!
Hehehehehe……….. But it felt GREAT!!! And I am soooo pleased that I did it!

OK, what else……… went skating yesterday, and did a fantastic impersonation of an octopus on speed……….. managed to stay upright, but only JUST!! Must have looked hilarious, I had arms and legs going in every which way, trying desperately to regain my balance, of which I did, but God only knows how!! I was sure I was gonna hit the concrete!! Hehehe

My older sister, Lisa, had her baby this morning. A wee girl that they have called Anastasia Maria. I haven’t met her yet, but saw photos from mum and dad as they called in here on their way home from visiting. I’ll give it a day or two before we go see I think…… or not! Hehehe….. maybe see what tomorrow brings…

I have spent he last two days cleaning up my house…… we have been so busy lately, that the little things have been getting left…….. so yesterday and today, I sorted through Rhian’s clothes (Again) and packed up the ones that are too small for her. I cleaned out the spare room wardrobe and sorted through some stuff to go up into the attic. I moved Rhian’s room around so that her bed isn’t next to the window anymore, and cleaned everything in there!! I cleaned the entire house, and today I have been mainly concentrating on the computer room…… which also doubles as my Avon room, my Tupperware room, another spare room, and the room that we chuck anything that we dunno where else to put!!

So…….. I’m a bit knackered to tell the truth!!!

I hope to get to the gym tomorrow to see how I go on the cardio equipment. I’m gonna leave the weights at present, until my back is 100% as I really don’t want to aggravate it any more than it already is!!!

Tomorrow I also have to write up a menu for the week, and then I want to burn a CD that I can use at the gym…….. I am currently listening to Nickelback, but I need something that is a bit faster paced I think……

Oooo, has anyone else fallen in love with the song “I wish I was a Punkrocker” by Sandi Thom?? Oh My God – I LOVE that song!!!! Part of the reason I couldn’t sleep last night – that song was playing over and over and over in my head! Hehehehe…

Righto – time to do the last of the tidying in this room, then I can go tot bed!! YAY!!

Nighty night everyone!!!

Comments:
Wow you have been a busy chick! :) I love the challenge at work - and we all know you CAN do it and we will be right behind you all the damn way! :)
Have a good week :)
 
good to hear your sister finally gave birth! :) she was a little overdue wasnt she?

your work challenge sounds like fun!! means lots of people around you doing the same thing during the day, im sure you will fit into that georgous dress not a prob :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?