Thursday, June 22, 2006

Diet hero, exercise zero...


I am on a roll........ long may it continue!!!
Well, actually, let's just clarify that one.
I'm on a roll with my eating!  
In fact, I'm a bloody HERO!  
Exercise, on the other hand........... I'm a big fat ZERO!!!
LOL
I did some baking on Sunday night, just cos I felt like it......
Made some peanut cookies, and some chocolate crisp cookies, and some bran muffins.
I've eaten TWO chocolate crisp cookies, and ONE peanut cookie since Sunday night!!!
And that includes the one that I ate as soon as they came out of the oven - "just to test it was cooked"  !!!!!!
So, on that note - I have been fecken brilliant!

You see, to some, three biscuits over 5 days might still be a lot, but to me, the queen of bingeing, it is a minor miracle!!!
OK, so what else........
Monday night I was supposed to do a Tupperware Party, but the hostess cancelled, so I stayed at home in the warmth instead.
And when I had my usual cup of coffee before bed (DE CAF of course!!) I DIDN'T have a biscuit at all!
Not even a Digestive one from a packet!
Nothing.
Nada
Zilch
Zero
NOT A DAMN THING!
Again...... a minor miracle for me!!!!
Tuesday I went to lunch with the beautiful Rachel, and we both had the gorgeous warm chicken salad.
It was just DIVINE!!!!  And, we had trim lattes, and NO CAKE!!!!!
We ROCKED!!!!!!!
Anyone who has been to the cafe in Mitre 10 Mega in Petone will KNOW how AMAZING their cakes and slices are!  So to not have one was yet another miracle!!
Tuesday night I had a Tupperware meeting, and my manager chose to pick that night to "teach" us how to effectively use some of our products.
Of course in doing so, she had to make a chocolate self saucing pudding!!!!
THEN....... once that was cooked - out came the ice cream too!
Every single person in that room had a bowl of pudding and ice-cream - EXCEPT ME!!!!!!

Woohoo!!!
I felt in CONTROL again!!
I was so proud of myself, I went home and celebrated by having a cup of coffee........... and NO biscuits!!!
Yay me again!!!!!
Yesterday, I went out for lunch with another girlfriend.  This time we went to Wholly Bagels, and instead of getting a Cream Cheese filled bagel, I got a chicken salad low fat bagel with low fat mayo!!!
AGAIN.......... YAY ME!!!!!

Then...........
Yep - there is more!!!!
Last night after work, I went out with a group of ladies from Head Office and we went to a place called The Swish Dish.
It is a cute wee shop, where you go in, pick a dish (bowl/plate/mug/platter etc) to paint.
I picked a long oval platter and painted it bright purple with a lime green squiggle bit through the centre of it.
Then I picked a plate for Rhian, which I painted with a funny flower, and then painted her name on it as well.
It takes about 7 days for them to be glazed and fired, then we get them back.
Anyway, we went to the pub before hand, and i had ONE beer.
Someone at the table ordered some wedges with sour cream, and I just watched while the others ate them.
Then, when we got to The Swish Dish, someone else had taken nibbles and wine, but i didn't have ANY!!!!
Instead, I waited until I got home, where Chris had cooked dinner and it was waiting for me in the microwave!!
Fantastic!!!
Today, I have been the absolute best that I can be, and I have had a salad with tuna for lunch, and I have just finished off a huge apple.
So yeah - I'm ON FIRE with my food!!

Exercise is a different story though!!!
I'm basically throwing money away at the gym.... I haven't been back since last Monday!!!!
When my alarm goes off in the morning, it takes all my energy to turn the damn thing off, let alone get up at that obscene hour and exercise!!!
I know that i MUST do it.......... it's just a matter of getting my mind and my body to cooperate!
My gym buddy friend wants to try out the Spin class on Saturday morning.
I'm scared!!!!!
I know that it is a damn hard class, and I don't honestly think that I am ready for it....... actually, I KNOW that I am not ready for it!!!!
But I really don't want to let her down........ besides, we said that we would go for a sauna afterwards..........
Hehehe...
I dunno......... I'll decide later!

FINALLY booked the flights home from Sydney today.
We have had our flights there booked for weeks and weeks, but I have been waiting to get Rhian's passport to book our flights home.
Well, the passport turned up today, so I booked the flights today too!
YAY!!  That is certainly a load off the mind!

Righto - I'm babbling about nothing now, so I'll sign off here and go do some work........
Might even go make a coffee for everyone!





Comments:
GO JO GO - GO JO GO!!! YOUR A STAR!
 
Well done, all those opportunities & you beat them all!!!!
 
Well done Jo, I just love reading your blogs, I just love your sense of humour.....GO YOU!!!
 
hmmmmmmmm maybe if you ate for me and I exercised for you ... we'd both get to our goals in no time!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!
 
Love your title - you crack me up:)Helena's comment summed it up - so hard to get both the exercise and eating in sync!
 
your doing wonderfully! you know it babe!!! :) that Swish Dish place sounds cool!!!
 
Hi Jo. I'm a regular reader of your blog and thought I would finally start my own and post ya a comment! I am a friend and collegue of Renee W at Mfish and she showed me your site a few months ago when I was discussing trying to lose weight. Anyhoo, I hope you don't mind that I have a link to your blog on mine under 'blogs i read', just let me know if you want me to take it off. Hope you will come check out my blog sometime too :) Cheers Lou
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?