Thursday, June 08, 2006

Still at home...

Yep - I'm still at home with my girl, and to be honest, it looks like I probably will be tomorrow as well...
What started out as Croup, has now led into a fully fledged cold, and her wee nose is running like a tap!
I didn't realise that so much snot could come out of someone so damn small!!! *giggles*
I felt like the baddest mummy in the world this morning........ Rhian was trying to take her socks off, and I kept on telling her "No", as it was too cold for her to run around in bare feet.
Anyway, she just looked at me and laughed and took one off, then started on the other.
Well, I lost it, and smacked her for it!
Now, I very very rarely smack Rhian, as I don't need to, she USUALLY listens to me, so I think it gave her more of a fright than anything else, and she started to cry like her little heart was breaking!
Of course, then I felt terrible and I started crying too!
My God - what a pair of blubbering fools we looked like!!
Of course it doesn't help that I havent had more than 4 hours sleep per night since Monday night! Chris is in the same boat, but he has to work as well - poor bugger!
And to make matters worse, I have a "Mini-Expo" on tonight at the local Playcentre, and I am supposed to be setting up a Tupperware stall.............. ARGH!
That is honestly the last thing in the world that I feel like doing, but it has been advertised in the local paper, and I was the only Tupperware dealer to be asked (cos I know two of the ladies on the committee), so I really feel like I cant let them down.
And of course I wont let them down.
I'll go along and smile sweetly and make small talk all the while wishing that i was home tucked up in bed! Hehehe...
What else..... Oh yeah - I went into work this morning to do the "official" weigh in and before photo for The Biggest Loser competition that I have entered.
I was shocked and horrified to see the numbers reach 124.6kgs!!!!
Of course, I was fully clothed, with jeans, skivvy and sweatshirt, plus I had eaten breakfast and had about 6 cups of coffee by that stage!! hehehehe........
Well, Ok, not 6, but 2 at least! hehe..
And I purposefully wore heavy clothes - naughty huh??
At the final weigh in, in 12 weeks time (25th August) I will make sure that I have the lightest clothes that I can find on!!
Sneaky AND naughty huh?
I'm not too worried about it though as I heard a rumour that some of the guys from the factory had put weights in their pockets before weighing in!!!
So at least I am not cheating as bad as they are!!
Righto - I'm off to continue the battle with a very very tired little girl that NEEDS a sleep, but seems to think that she doesn't!!
She has just appeared in the doorway for the fifth or sixth time since I started typing this update, only this time she has got herself dressed into her pyjamas (over her clothes) and good shoes!! *rolls eyes*
I can just tell that it is gonna be a battle this afternoon........ Hopefully there won't be anymore tears!
Eating has been good today - not so good yesterday, but not too bad either........... just a few too many marshmallows and digestive biscuits! But I am making up for it today by being extra extra good!
I want the scales at my weigh in on Saturday morning to be UNDER that dreaded 120kg mark!!!
OK, time to go put the little monster back to bed AGAIN!!!!

Comments:
Awww poor Rhian still being sick. Amelia's just got over a cold and it's so awful seeing them sick and miserable!
They are at a difficult age now too - I'm tempted to smack her most days, lol, but I try REALLY hard not to - sometimes though, after not enough sleep especially it's v v hard indeed.
And I'm glad I'm not the only one with a child obsessed with getting dressed and undressed!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?