Wednesday, July 05, 2006

2.46am

It's 2.46am, and I haven't been to sleep yet.
Of course that is not from a lack of trying on my part!
Chris is sick with the flu and is coughing and snoring, and has been doing so since he went to bed.
I have been lying there listening to him, watching the minutes & hours tick by.....
Fully aware that it is now just 2 hours and 29 minutes until my alarm will go off and I am expected to jump out of bed and go to the gym!!!!!
How the hell is that gonna happen?
To be completely honest - how the hell am I gonna be able to function at work in a few hours time as well?
I'm wide awake.....
Thoughts running through my head - all sorts of things, but at the top of the list is work.
I was told in October last year, that in February 2007 I would be taking over as the manager of my department.
It is something that I never mentioned, but I was "being prepped" to take over.
Courses, trainings, meetings, blah blah blah......
Then yesterday, in my mid year review, I was informed that it wont be happening!!!!
Not through any fault of my own, but more because my current manager has changed her mind, and wants to stay on.....
Where does that leave me?
Stranded.
Up in the air.
Wondering.
Where the hell do I go from here?
Am I valued enough as an employee to warrant staying?
Or do I cut my losses and look for something more challenging?
I don't know.
I wish I did.
Then maybe I would get some damn sleep!
2.53am

Comments:
Oh bummer about the job situation! It sucks not knowing if you should look for something else. I feel a bit like that at the moment as well. Hope everything works itself out for you!
 
Hope you managed to get some sleep eventually chick!!! And bummer about the work situation but am sure you will make the right decision in the right time!
*hugs*
 
I reckon theres something bigger and better coming your way ;)
 
What's that saying - whenever one door shuts another one opens....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?