Monday, July 10, 2006

The first step...


I officially resigned as a Tupperware Lady on Friday night.
I am calling that the "first step" in getting back to me.
There was only one party lined up, and I have given that to my manager to do with as she pleases.
Another Fund-raiser was also on the cards, but I have given the details of that to her as well.......
The time that went into Tupperware was the killer.  It wasn't only actually going out to do that parties, but it was collating orders, packing orders, going to meetings, going to trainings, and of course, you can't forget the constant pressure that was placed on becoming a "Manager in training".
Something that I was very clear in telling my manager I did NOT want to become, but the subtle hints were always forthcoming, and it was just an added pressure that I feel was not needed in my life.
So there.
I have a few loose ends to tidy up - but from now on, the only time I will mention the word Tupperware, is when I maybe want to buy some!!
And at full price - I am sure that it wont be often!!  Hahahahaha...
The dealer discount was amazing!  
But not amazing enough to warrant carrying on as a dealer.
It is like a mini weight has been lifted off my shoulders to be honest.
I didn't realise how much pressure I put on myself.
But now that pressure is gone, and so is the stress!

Now, the next step in GETTING BACK TO ME, is culling a "friend"
How the heck do you do that???
She adds no value to my life, and I am pretty sure that I must add bugger all value to hers!!
I am constantly trying to avoid her, and we really don't have anything in common.
We "accidentally" became friends about a year ago.
She was drunk, I made sure she got home OK, and she has been a bit of a cling-on ever since.
So, from now on, I wont be answering her inane texts.
Sounds harsh - but I wont miss her.

Step three??
Dunno yet - I'm working on that one!!!!



Comments:
Good for you!! You sound a lot happier and ready to tackle anything. Go Girl!!!
 
Step 3 is to start relaxing god dammit!!!!! ;)
 
Babykins just tell me you dont want me clinging on to your every breathe, word, success and step and I'll be gone ... yeah right ... fat chance! mmmmmaaaaawwwwwwwahhhhhahahahaaaa
 
Hey Jo! Havent commented for a while, but I have been reading!
Well done on the weightloss - its falling off you now!
As for losing a friend - sometimes you HAVE to! Just continue avoiding and ignoring, its the nicest way to do it!
 
I say "ignore" her in the nicest way (as you said). Good luck it is a hard thing to do.

Good on you for resigning from t'ware, you made me tired just listening to how busy you were.

Big congrats on the weight loss you surely are a legend.
 
ah wonder is scales will show now u have had the weight of tupperware lifted of ya shoulder.
 
Wooohoooo for taking those first 2 steps! You must feel so much better already! And I agree with Carla's suggestion for Step 3 "RELAX"!!!!
 
oh i had a friend like that and i have just avoided her for ages! i felt bad but we did just grow apart. go on the "lose tupperware" thing - go babe!
 
Good on you. I did a party sales type thing here in the UK called Partylite (candles). They were lovely and good quality but really expensive and trying to get more parties booked in was sheer hell. Particularly when you only have the contacts you've made at work and partner's family - and in the end I decided I'd rather keep the friends than keep asking them if they woud have a flaming party.

Re: your friend. Just let it go. Stop replying to texts and emails and whatever. Don't make plans and it will all just wither away.

Good for you and your positive attitude!
 
Yay for you! I know exactly what you mean about a weight being liftd off your shoulders when you make a decision like that. It really does make a difference. Good luck with step 3!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?