Tuesday, August 22, 2006

OK, It's like this.......


I have gone over this entry in my mind a million times.

What will I say?

How will I say it?

How will I feel when I have said it?

How will my readers react when I have said it?

And I have come to the conclusion, that there is no need to go into great detail.

I will give you the facts, and that is all that is needed.

So here goes.......

The reason for my absence recently is this:

My marriage is over.

Chris and I have seperated.

We have sold the house.

We are now both living in different houses, and sharing the care of Rhian.

There is no one else involved on either side (everyone always asks me that), and we are completely amicable and grown up about the whole thing.

We have to get along for Rhian's sake, and although our marriage didn't work, there is no excuse for us not to both be great parents to the one thing that we love more than anything else in the world.

So....... there you have it!

I have been stressed lately, trying to find somewhere to live, as our house sold within 3 days of being on the market, and we had a very short settlement.

I have stayed with friends (and Chris)  until I could shift into my own place just last weekend.

And, as of this morning, I have my computer working, and the internet connected, so I will be able to catch up on other peoples journals and also update my own a little more frequently!!

The "Biggest Loser" challenge finishes on Friday (3 days away) and I know that I wont be the winner, but at least I will be a little lighter than what I was when it started!

I'm an emotional eater - and boy have I eaten some crap over the past few weeks!

I will start my weekly weigh ins again on Saturday, as I have unpacked the box with my scales in it and got a new battery!!!

I am HOPING that I wont have gained too much, but I will see what the numbers say on Saturday morning!!

Saturday night is the night of the "Starlight Ball" for work, and I am taking my friend Rose as my partner....  We should have a laugh or two!

Well........ that is it.

The reason for my absence.

But I'm back, and I'm on the last stretch to GOAL!!

Come along for the ride guys - are you up for it??




Comments:
yeah sweets, im here supporting you ALL the way :)

xxx
 
Thats a really HUGE thing to go through, and it sounds like you are doing really well. Of course there will be crap times along the way, but you are one tough cookie.

Hugs!!!

x
 
Sorry to hear of your separation. Great to see you are still positive with the weight loss journey!! Of course we're up for it!!! Its amazing what one can do with the support of friends....
Have a great week,

Mellisa
 
You've gone through stressful times Jo. You will both continue to be the great parents you are for Rhian.

Take care:)
 
Hey welcome back.
 
Hugs hun thinking of you
 
Jo, thats something really huge to go through, but you are tough and you will be fine....Love to you and rhian xxx SHe is one lucky girl
 
I knew it. When you didn't say, I knew that was it. You will be fine and I'm so glad you are both being so sensible about it. It will be hard though but I know you have both tried. Good luck for the future - and the weight loss!
 
Good luck. I thought it was relationship stuff probably.

Now you're settled in your own space, hopefully you'll feel less stressed.
 
I am so sorry to read about your separation, I hope things in your life improve and you continue toward your goal. My separation 18mths ago really stopped my path to improving my health and losing weight in its tracks because I too am an emotional eater, but I realise now there is no need to beat ones self up about it. I wish you and Rhian the very, very best, and I look forward to reading updates from my favourite blogger!!!! Take care xxx
 
Sorry to hear about your seperation. I too am an emotional eater so I can sympathise with your pain. I have been reading your blog for the past 2.5years and you have constantly amazed me with your inner strength.If you don't mind I will tag along for the rest of the journey. I sincerely wish Chris, Rhian & yourself all the best at this very hard time for you all.
 
*hugs* I'm really sorry to hear about you and Chris. Take care of yourself and I'm really pleased to see you back online, as I've missed lurking! *laugh* Ok, I'll comment a little more.

You're an inspiration, Jo.
 
Dear Jo - I'm so sorry. As chance would have it, my husband and I decided to seperate on Sunday so I have some idea of what you've been through, although we have no children.
We are still living in the same house so not quite as far along in the process as you, but getting there.
All the best to you, Chris and Rhian and well done on your focus of getting to goal!
Susan
 
Jo,

I have been reading your site for some 3 years or so now and have always found you an inspiration. I feel for you during this trying time, but you are strong and you are smart and you ultimately need to make choices that are right for you and rhian and chris, which is what you have done, so well done on being so astute about it, once again inspiring. We all have our path to take, and sometimes that path has potholes, but they can be filled or sidestepped so keep this in mind for the next part of your journey, you are a strong and capable woman, with many good qualities. I for one will certainly be here to watch you continue to grow as a person. Remember to reach out to those around you for support because there is no shame in asking for help if you feel you need it. Take Care Wendy
 
Hi Jo
Sorry to hear that you have decided to seperate, although I am impressed with your attitude. And even if you dont always feel so positive, you will be ok!
GOod luck with the painting too!LOL
 
heya Jo

Have been a sneak reader of your blog for months now

Thinking of you

Leish
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?