Tuesday, October 17, 2006

More water...


NOTE TO SELF:
When a two and a half year old blonde haired moppet says that she wants to help mummy to do the dishes – PAY ATTENTION!!!!

Picture this…..

Sunday night, it was her bedtime, I was getting her PJ’s ready.
I walked into the kitchen to get her a drink, and she followed me.
I casually mentioned that I needed to do the dishes, and she told me “Rhian help”.
I flicked on the jug cos I wanted a coffee, and then walked back to her room.
I got her bed ready, got a nappy ready, and called her into me.
In she trotted and said “Rhian do dishes”
I didn’t think anything of it, and got her changed, into bed, read her a story, gave her a drink (the usual night time routine), and walked out.
I heard a noise, coming from the kitchen and just brushed it off as the jug boiling….
Did a couple of other things, then went to make a coffee….
Well………. There was water EVERYWHERE!!!!!
Rhian had indeed decided to help mummy with the dishes!!!
She had taken a chair from the lounge, into the kitchen, stood on it, put the plug in the sink, and turned on the tap!!!!
I had about an inch of water all through the kitchen and laundry!
It was all too much for me and I just stood there and cried!!!
Of course then I got the towels and mopped up the mess, then I sat down and had a beer!!!!
I was still washing towels at 11.30pm on Sunday night!!
The carpet was supposed to be re-laid (after my first flood) yesterday, but now the floors need to dry out again…  UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
I am starting to think that the house is cursed or something!!!!!
So now, I have industrial heaters and an industrial dehumidifier going non-stop again, in an effort to suck all the moisture from the hardwood floors!
The guy will come back on Friday and re-lay the carpet and take the heaters etc away, and then of course I am going away on holiday for two weeks, so I am not sure when the wallpaper with be replaced, or the kitchen floor will be re-sealed!!!
I was hoping that it would all be done before I went away………. YEAH RIGHT!!!!

Can you imagine what my power bill is gonna be like??  AARGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!


I SOOOOOOO need a holiday!!!
And I soooo can’t wait!!!!!

Comments:
*hugs* chickeee!!! I can just picture Rhian trying to help her mummy out! But what a bugger since the floors were just drying out from the first accident! :)
Not long till you have your holiday now... deep breaths hun!
Hope you have a great week.
 
You can claim the increased power bill on insurance if you claimed for any other damage from the original flood.
 
I shouldn't be saying this but I had to chuckle it was funny reading this but I felt sooooo sad for you hun as I know how bad the last flood was... I was chuckling because you little darling was sooo cute trying to help her mummy... good on her for trying to help... but next time tell her to do it with ya he he he

Love ya
CM
 
Oh I so sympathise, Im honestly crying with you. But to share in the grief, Imagine to very norty 7 year old twin boys putting a chocotate mousse snack pack on the ceiling fan to see what would happen. So as your floors drying think of me scrubbing my walls still :). Make u feel a bit better? lol
Jo
 
Maybe you should tell Rhian that drying the dishes would be a better option than washing them, a couple of smashed plates will be less expensive than your poor kitchen and laundry floors.

You poor bugger I can just imagine you standing there crying (and maybe stamping your foot) looking at that mess AGAIN.

ROLL ON AUSTRALIA!!!
 
oh for goodness sake more water ya poor old thing. can understand the tears hun
 
Well that's two things - wonder what they third will be?? Only joking - you sound like you deserve a holiday at the mo!

Very cute of Rhian to help though:)
 
Only a few nights sleeps to go :)

Looking forward to seeing you on this side of the ditch.....we will confuse Rhian wont we!!!!.......she wont know where Nannee lives LOL
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?