Wednesday, November 29, 2006

In A Funk...


I was reading a couple of blogs last night after I updated my own, and was freaked out to see that every one I read, was depressing!!
Well, not depressing as such, more like just down.
I reckon it must be that time of the year!!!
I know that I am in a total funk about everything at the moment!!!!!
Everyone in my office is uptight - in fact, I found out that one of my co-workers is resigning soon - WITHOUT another job to go to!!!

My best girlfriend is losing her job due to our company restructure, and not only does she have herself to try to keep "up", she also has a team of 8 under her that she has to keep in check as well!
Now it is hard enough at times for her to happy and upbeat about things in her own working future, let alone keep the team morale up as well!!!

And then of course there is me - having a huge case of survivor guilt!!
I get to keep my job, yet 150 others lose theirs!!  Where the hell is the justice in that I ask you???
ARGH!!
Then I have another friend who is in the process of leaving her partner, and I found out this morning that he is actually moving out of the house they own together!
She is all over the place emotionally - one minute she's happy and buzzing about starting a new life, then next she is panicking that she is making the wrong decision!
Then of course there is the weight loss thing for me too!
It's just not happening!!
Well, it might have something to do with the fact that the gym seems to be the last thing on my mind these days....
I'd much rather go home and lax out in front of the tv and watch mind numbing crap that I don't have to think about while shovelling pineapple lumps into my huge gaping whole of a mouth!!!
Hahahaha.....
Then of course there is the beer!
I have taken a fancy to Becks beer.  
Combine that with the fact that I have had a LOT of social outings recently, which in turn means a LOT of Becks has been consumed!
And of course when the Becks gets guzzled, the munchies happen!!!
Now I gotta tell ya that whoever introduced me to Basil pesto with cashew nuts, spread onto a generous dollop of cream cheese sitting on top of a hunk of French bread - needs to be shot!!
Hmmmmmm, thinking back - I'm sure it was my mother!!!!!   THANKS JENNY!!!!  :)
I really do have to end my relationship with Mr Becks, and reaccquaint myself with Mr Gym!!!
Hehehee.....
Righto - work to do.....




Comments:
love your hair...!!!!

take care of yourself too remember!!! you've done soo well..and it is a yukky time of the year with xmas and all sorts...there's a reason why you still have your job, be proud of yourself as much as you can too..!!!
 
Blame it on the weather, we are all SICK TO DEATH of this shitty wind and rain. I am going to make a conscious effort to be more upbeat from now on! Now you too!
 
Now listen here missy moo!!!! ROFL Don't ya go blaming it on your poor little mummy........it was that little sister of yours that introduced me to it.......and I fell for the red capsicum & cashew pesto one.....LOL!!!! So it's all her fault!!!!!! I can just hear her saying well....I didn't make you eat it!!!! Suppose she is right there!!!! However at this time of the year it's hard not to snack on something with all the treats that are around. I am sure it's ok as long as we don't eat the whole container by ourselves. Bear in mind that no one food is wrong for us ...it's the quantity that's the problem!
It has been an unsettling year for us in many ways but I am sure that from now on things will get better and that 2007 will be a great year and that everything will fall into place.
Have a great rest of week.
Hugz
Mum
PS. Think we all need some sunshine so we can all feel better eh. :)
 
Grr I love pesto, I love Cashews, I love cream cheese. Why did u have to give me such a wonderful idea on how to eat it all together lol.
Jo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?