Thursday, December 14, 2006

I'm still here.....


I'm still here, still plodding along.
Haven't gained any more weight since I got back from Sydney - currently sitting on about 112kg.
And I'm happy about the not gaining part.... can't say I'm that thrilled with the not losing part, but until I get my head back to where it needs to be - that will just have to do!!
Don't get me wrong, I haven't given up, I have no intention of ever giving up and going back to that 162kg slob that I used to be!
It seems like a lifetime ago, yet some days it seems like just yesterday!  
Weird huh?
I've had a few emails recently from people with words of encouragement, words of advice, some words of concern about my noticeable absence....
But I'm here to tell you that I'm good.
In fact I'm doing really really well!!
But the fact of the matter is, is that this blog and my website in general are no longer major parts of my life.
I don't feel the need to come in and bleat on about my day, however boring or exciting it may have been.
I have an amazing daughter, a wonderful family, some fantastic friends, and a great job.
I'm happy with where I am at right now.
I'm enjoying life, getting out with my girlfriends, meeting new people, doing new things.
I'm trying to be the best mum that I can be when I have Rhian here with me, and I'm really enjoying her more and more each day.
She is at such a gorgeous age....
Just the other day she put her little handbag over her arm and informed me that she was "going to work mummy"
And off out the door she toddled, walked to the car, walked back again, and then told me that she was going to the shop instead!
Came back with some "lollies" (stones) for me, then she was off again to another shop....
Too cute!!
She had me in fits of laughter!!!!
She is my world, and I would do anything for her....
Which is why I am thinking of stepping outside my comfort zone and taking up an amazing offer that I have been given....
A friend of a friend has bought a house that he is currently renovating.
He has suggested that I rent it from him, paying a minimal rent, on the condition that he can renovate around me.
It would give me the chance to save some serious money, and in turn enable me to buy my own home much much sooner than I could have ever dreamed of!!!
I really like my little unit that I am renting now, but it is expensive, and although it is manageable, money is rather tight, and at the end of the day - it's not MINE!
I'm not sure what to do, but I'm thinking about it, and will look at it more seriously after Christmas.
Things are busy at work, which is good - cos it keeps me focused.
When I have Rhian, it is all about her, we do things together, we have fun...
When I don't have Rhian, it is all about me!
I hang with my girlfriends, I go out for dinner and drinks, and I even go out pubbing and clubbing.
I'm having a blast and I'm happy.
Truly, honestly happy.
So with that in mind..... I'm completely fine with letting this blog go for a bit.
I'm not closing it, or ceasing to write updates, but I can tell you now that the updates will be even more scarce than what they have been now.
I'll be back to blow my trumpet when I need to, and vent or rant when I want to, but for now..... it's just gonna have a rest!
No dramas, no hassles, just a rest....




Comments:
fair enough too baby! :) (will email you back shortly when i have 2 hands free!) its so great to see you so happy and healthy and having such a great time, puts a huge smile on my face! :)

That is definitely an amazing offer, i would go for it! wow i cant imagine the money you would save, that rocks!!
 
That opportunity sounds brilliant - go for it! :)
So glad to see you so happy and having such a great time - hope to catch up with you and Rhian sometime soon though if you can fit us into your busy schedule! :)
 
HI Jo,I have been reading your journal for ages now and will really miss you. But yes I can understand that you feel as though the blog is not such a big part of your life now. You sound so happy and glad of your life now, very different from when you started your weight loss journey and all the self doubts you had. You have done tremendously for herself and Rhiann and I wish you every happiness and success for the future.
Di - Sydney
PS of course I will occasionally check to see if you post an entry!
Merry Christmas
 
Have a fantastic Christmas. It is great to see you so happy. I look forward ot y our next update - whenever you feel like doing it.
 
Merry Christmas! Hope you have a great day :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?