Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Dramas...


It always seems to happen to me..... or at least that is the way it seems sometimes!!!
Waaaaay back last year when I flooded my house, there was damage that needed to be repaired...

Well, it wasn't until I handed my notice to my landlord that he decided to chase up the insurance company to get it all sorted.
That was cool - it didn't worry me at all...
Monday a maintenance man was at my house at 7.30am, and I thought he was going to sand and re-polyurathane the kitchen/laundry floors
And therefore I had arranged for Rhian to stay with Chris and extra night, and for me to stay at a friends place, as he said it would be very very smelly.
But...... when I got home on Monday night - the floors were still in the same state that they were when I left that morning!
I rang the guy to find out what the story was, and he told me that he couldn't get hold of the floor polishing guy, so it probably wouldn't be done until after I moved out!

I was totally cool with that!!!
BUT........... when I walked in the door last night, and found that EVERYTHING from the kitchen and laundry was in the middle of my lounge, and the place smelled like chemicals, that they had in fact done the floors yesterday!!!!!!

Literally, my house is like a bombsite!!
The washing machine, oven, fridge, pantry, and anything else that was in the kitchen, is now in the middle of my lounge, plus all my furniture is pushed to one side, as the wall needed to be replastered and repainted!!!
I was in a panic!
There was no way that we could have stayed there with that smell, so I had to ship Rhian off to Chris's place again, then find an understanding friend to let me crash at her place!!
I had arranged to have the lovely Rose and Ashleigh come help me pack last night, so I had to call them and tell them not to bother, cos even if I did pack, there is NOWHERE to stack any boxes!!!!

Next problem......... they have to put another coat on the floors today, and finish painting the wall as well........... which in turn means that once again, I cant pack anything up, and once again, I have to find somewhere to stay!!!!!!
And of course, that also means that I have ONE EVENING left to pack my entire house up - because the movers are coming in at 1.30pm on Friday!!!!!!!!
WHY ME?!?!?!?!?!?
So not fair!!!!
But in saying all of that - I am really really excited to be moving!!!
Except I hate packing.
And I hate packing in a hurry even more!!!
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Breathe Jo, just breathe!!!!


Comments:
Breathe hun Breathe he he he
Can't do much about it but mind you aren't you GLAD that you won't have to deal with them again OMG... they still have to give notice to come into the flat and should have not done anything after saying that they wouldn't... you could have been in the shower when they barged in... isn't it against the law?
Big hugs hun
Love CM
 
Argh, what a nightmare! Hope you get it all sorted, with no more dramas!
x
 
oh no, I would have been fuming.(cuse the pun) What a total inconvenience.
If I were closer I would offer to help, hope you get everything sorted. Rushed packing is the pits.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?