Monday, January 29, 2007

My Weekend...


My weekend was FANTASTIC!!!
Started with the wonderful show on Friday night... I still laugh when I think about it!

Saturday morning was a bit of an early start, as we wanted to get the top coat on the windows in my room before heading off to the races...
I think my "lovely" flatmate woke me up at about 7am - tricked me into believing it was 9.30am and made me promise not to go back to bed!
I was stupid (and probably still a little tired) enough to agree, and when I walked in to the kitchen and saw the clock - I could have killed him!!!!
7am!!  NOT HAPPY!!!
But, I knew that there was work to be done, so I just dealt with it, and now I can laugh about it too!
Once the painting was done, he went off on his merry little way to the races, as he was going with work, and taking some of his customers...

I got ready and headed up a couple of hours later, only to find that the girls I was meeting had been there for a few hours already, and were pretty trashed!!!
They had been drinking wine in the sun, and were all pretty damn happy!
I sat there for an hour and a half nursing one glass of wine and politely refusing the gorgeous cheeses and dips that were being offered around!!

By 2pm I had decided that I had had enough, and was just about to leave and go home, when my flattie texted me to say that he needed a ride to his cousins wedding!
I had offered the night before, to drive him if he felt that he'd had too much to drink to drive.

So we headed off at about 2.30pm and while he went to the wedding, I went shopping!
Bought some new undies, some new jim jams, and a cool pair of shoes..... I was pleased with my efforts!!!
Picked up flattie and headed back to Wellington (the wedding was in Kapiti for you locals!)

Got back to the races at about 5pm to find the girls completely trashed, and one was even sleeping!!!
Let me explain the situation...... One of my friends, has a friend who owns a house bus.  Every year they take the bus to the races, park it in the centre of the track and put up an awning.  We all just hung out there.... and when I got back at 5pm, Sue was asleep in the buss and apparently had been for quite some time!!!
We decided to go out to our local bar after the races, but I also decided that I wasn't going to go in the dress that I was wearing, so off I went home to get changed, and got back to the course in time for the last race!!
TOO FUNNY!!!
7.30pm and I had the car packed up with drunk girls, and chilly bins, which we then deposited back at Sue's place, dropped the kids of at Sharon's place, then headed to the bar.

The other three girls all still had their dresses and hats on, and created quite a stir when we walked in.....
Of course people were quick to realise that we had been at the races, and pretty soon the bar was packed with people that had also been there, so there were a lot of dresses and hats around!!!
I stayed sober all night, and managed to last until 1.30am when I FINALLY convinced flattie that he'd had quite enough to drink, and it would be a good idea to go home....

I had his car, and had promised him a ride home you see!!!
So, by the time we got home - it was 2am!!!

Sunday morning rolled around, and we had to make a trip back to the race course to collect my car, drop some packing boxes off to a friend, get some lunch, then go home again.
The afternoon consisted of a lot of sitting on the couch watching mindless TV, but it was really relaxing!!
A girlfriend called in for a visit, so we sat there gassing for a while, and I could have sworn that I had a hangover - I felt really seedy!!!
So there ya have it - MY WEEKEND!!!
I had a great time, and really enjoyed it all......


Points wise, I only had 12 points on Saturday!!!
BAD HUH???

That consisted of two slices of toast for breakfast, then 3 beers and one wine throughout the day!
I was so busy ferrying people here and there that I completely forgot to eat at all, and to be honest, I didn't realise that I hadn't until Sunday morning!!!

Sunday I came in at 28 points - and that was including the Chinese we had for dinner last night!!!
But since I had so few on Saturday - I'm not worried about it AT ALL!!!!!!

I was gonna try to get to the gym tonight after work, but since most of my stuff is still packed in boxes - I have no clue where my gym shoes are!!!
Tonight I should be able to unpack properly, as my room is due to be finished!!!

I can't wait!!!!
I've been living out of boxes and sleeping in Rhian's bed or the couch for a week now - and I'm over it!
I really just want my own space where I can spread out.....

But I'm not complaining at all....... really I'm not!  Hehehehe...
I'm LOVING living there, and I'm LOVING the company!!!
It's quite cool to go home after work and know that someone is there that I can talk to.......

I didn't realise how much I missed having company until I moved in!
But I guess it is all part of the process.....
It's been 6 months since Chris and I separated, and at times it still feels like only a few weeks, but at other times it feels like years....
But I'm loving my new life, I'm finding the independence that I craved, yet I have the security of knowing that I have an amazing family and bunch of friends, both old and new, that are there for me no matter what!

I'm on fire - and loving it!!!
I'm in the zone!!!!
I'm just damn happy!!!!!

2007 IS my year!!!!!

Keep smiling!!

Comments:
aw this post just makes me so damn happy :) i love it that your happy! you deserve it!

sounds like an awesome weekend, so jealous!!

xxx
 
Sounds as if you had a fun weekend - but what I want to know is how do you manage 'to forget to eat'?
 
seriously - i thought single mums didn't get to have nights like that out! So jealous Jo!
 
I need tips for 'forgetting to eat' lol.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the positive vibes!!!
 
I also need tips on "forgetting to eat" hun! LOL There is NO way I could ever forget to eat! LOL
I love this post - so positive and upbeat! You are on fire and yes 2007 WILL be YOUR year!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?