Sunday, March 11, 2007

Walking...

I managed to drag my ass out of the house yesterday morning and go walking!
AMAZING HUH???
I had a couple of movies that needed to go back to the shop, so instead of getting in the car and driving, I chucked my walking shoes on and walked there instead!!!
It is about 2.2kms each way, and it took me just over 45 minutes, so I was bloody happy with that!!
I worked up a good sweat and felt totally invigorated as well!
Isn't it amazing how something so simple can make you feel so good??
After that I decided to go into the city to watch our Dragonboat team compete in the Wellington Regatta.
I had to pull out of the team this year unfortunately, just due to the practise times and the fact that I am a single mum these days - I dont have anyone that I can rely on to collect Rhian from daycare and take her until I have finished training, so I made the decision to leave the team.
Anyway...... back to the Regatta.
I walked around for about an hour looking for a friend, so by this stage my feet were killing me, we kept on missing each other, so when she text me and said that she was back at her car, which was about a half hours walk from where I was, I gave up!!!
Hehehehehe.....
All the walking that I did yesterday must have done some good though I reckon!
Pity I stuffed it up by eating Chinese Takeaway for dinner last night, followed by an ice cream!!
ARGH!!!!!!
Oh yeah - our team came in 2nd - a GREAT effort by all!!
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!
Wish I could have been on the boat - but hey - that's life huh??
Righto - I'm just babbling now.....
I have some shopping to do, then I am off for coffee with a girlfriend, then back home to cook dinner.
Gonna try to make it as healthy as possible tonight!
Hahahahaha......
Keep smiling everyone and enjoy the sunshine!!

Comments:
aww thats what i miss about wellington dragon boating!!!

well done on coming second - thats soo exciting!!!!

go the walking bunny!!!! thats an awesome walk!!!
 
Hi Jo,

I just found your new blog as I used to read your old one on angelfire! I actually had an email chat with you years ago, are you still doing weight watchers?? I suppose I better read everything then I would find out. Well I'm on the WW journey and you are truly are an inspiration. Do you ever go on the WW forums??

Cheers,
Claudia
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?