Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Cool ...

Today I did something that I thought was pretty cool.
I went into Farmers, into the "normal" section and bought a dress.
OK, so it is an XL, but it was from the NORMAL section!!
NOT the fat chick section!
Not a huge deal for some people huh?
But believe me, when I was at my heaviest, going to a Fat Chick shop and buying a dress was a dream, let alone going to a NORMAL shop and buying a dress!!!
So yeah - that is my buzz for the week!
I'm gonna wear it tomorrow to work.
I'm really into the dress over trousers look at the moment, and this dress is perfect for that look!
I will wear a black skivvy and black bootlegs under it, and it will look FABULOUS!!!

Another buzz I had, was actually last week.....
I was going through some old pics on my PC at work, when a workmate saw my screen.
She asked who the "big lady" was in the picture, and when I said it was me, she freaked!
And I KNOW that she wasn't doing it just to humour me - she honestly didn't recognise the fat person staring at her from the screen!

Oh yeah.... just one more thing...... Running across the road in the rain!
Never thought I'd do that!
But I do. And I can, and I smile when I do it!
54kgs ago I would have struggled to WALK!

I've come a long way in 5 years, and although I beat myself up about not being at goal yet, I can be damn proud that I am STILL at my lowest adult weight ever!!
I may have been hovering here for months and months, and I may have been "playing" with 2 or 3 kgs for that time too, but at the end of the day..... I'm no longer that "big lady" that sits on the sidelines and watches everybody else live life!
I'm in there, living it too!

P.S. If anyone is on Bebo, add me!!! http://www.bebo.com/wishuponakiwi :)

Comments:
What a happy post Jo! Well done you. Bet you will look fab in that dress. Susan
 
I love the fact that you are so happy, and as youu should be!! Wow, I am excited that you bought a dress in the "normal" section, I know I relish the day, but all and all I am happy and feeling great with my own progress to date!! The dancing is really helping and I have a butt that is starting to rival JLo's!! Checked out Bebo, love the new photos, check out myspace page, who knew I would enjoy and online chat so much!! Take Jo
Sherrece xx
 
Love the positive post chickeee!! Yay for buying a dress from the "normal" section! One day I will do that too!
YOU ROCK!!!!
 
What a real buzz buying the dress!

You really have come a long way in five years! I'm similar in that I haven't reached my goal but at least the weight has stayed of this time and I haven't gone back to old habits. It's a great feeling!
 
great motivational post Jo actually help me put things into perspective too its a long haul but we have come a long way over the years WE HAVE DONE GREAT!!!!! Well done on the dress sounds fab beat ya knocked ém dead in it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?