Friday, August 24, 2007

Friday...

I'm off work today - got the day off on annual leave - just cos I can!
Stupid thing is, it’s 8am and I am wide awake and looking for stuff to do, even though I promised myself a bit of a sleep in!! hahaha....
Although I didn’t really have much of a chance for a sleep in when J got up at 7am and turned the light on!
I’m not really pissed off about it, cos lord knows I’ve got the whole day off, so if I want to take a nana nap later – I CAN!!!
We went out for dinner last night just to a little Malaysian place in Lower Hutt that J rated as being really lovely…. And I have to agree that it was lovely food!
I selected a tomato based chicken dish with plain white rice, and splurged by adding cashew nuts to it! It was just divine!!
One glass of wine was all I had to drink, and then we came home for a quiet night – it was soooooo nice!
Usually we would have gone out and had far too much to drink, and suffered for it today, but both of us are feeling bright and cheerful today! YAY!!!
Plan is to NOT go out tonight either…… that way we can start on stripping the wallpaper in Rhian’s room tomorrow, and getting it ready to plaster then paint.
Of course if we go out tonight, then the hangovers will prevent much from being done tomorrow! Hahaha…..
Oh yeah – I forgot to mention the other day, that the lunch that my work put on for us was also special in another way….
We were all presented with the following:





















They were all carved from the same piece of greenstone and blessed in keeping with the Maori tradition so they are now classed as sacred to us.
I was blown away!!
The Koru design symbolizes “New growth, new beginnings” which is SO appropriate since with the closing of our production in NZ and the impending move to our new site is just that – a new beginning!
Anyway – I thought it was a lovely lovely gesture, and I will certainly treasure it.
Right – the washing machine has just finished it’s first load, so I better go hang that out and chuck another load on….
Gonna clean the house today, do the ironing, do some grocery shopping, and maybe just maybe start stripping the wallpaper early….

Comments:
What a beautiful Koru and a lovely gesture from the company.

WHY are you doing housework on your day off???????? Go window shopping or go and get your nails done or something for YOU, just because.

See ya Sunday....have a fab Saturday :)
 
Don't you just hate it when you're wide awake on a day off? You're doing great with your food choices, well done. Have a great weekend.
 
Hope you had a good day yesterday. That was a lovely gesture from the company, something to keep for ever. It's raining here again today.....just cuse I was gonna walk to town LOL. See you tomorrow, have a great day today.
Luv Ya
Ma xoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?