Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thursday...


Well...... Rhian's "Junk-vi-ti-tis" as she calls it is getting better - gradually!
She is still off daycare, but I'm at work cos her dad is looking after her today - YAY!
He's keeping her for the night which will let me go out to dinner with some old workmates that are moving to a different city.
I didn't think I would be able to go for dinner, but I'm pleased I can as I haven't seen them all for ages!
It was the firm that I worked for when I first moved to Wellington, so I'm looking forward to it!
Not sure if Rhian will be well enough to go to daycare tomorrow, as they have a very strict policy regarding conjunctivitis, which is fair enough considering how contagious it is!
If she is still not well, then I'll be taking the day off again.....
Then I have all next week off on annual leave, so I feel a teeny bit guilty, but bugger it........ family and health is more important right?

Speaking of which - Chris H - I hope you are OK chick!!  Just read Janenes update and my thoughts are with you!

OK, yesterday went quite well at home with Rhian..... it's hard, because although she is fine within herself, because she is so contagious, I couldn't take her anywhere to see anyone, so we were stuck inside all day.
But, we made good use of the day, and got all the washing done, the dishes done, the house cleaned, and then started on stripping the old wallpaper off the walls in her room.
I completely under-estimated how damn hard it was going to be, and silly me thought that I could have the whole room done in a day!
HAHAHAhahahahahahahaha!!!!!

There are TWO layers of vinyl wallpaper, and it is bloody hard work getting it all off!
But we had fun doing it!

Rhian was in charge of the mop and thoroughly wetting the walls (and floor and windows and mummy and herself) and I was in charge of the scraper.
That was of course, until she decided that she needed a scraper too!
She changed her clothes about 50 times, and each time she left the room I was left wondering what on earth she would re-appear in..... jeans and a skivvy and a cardigan turned into jeans and a skivvy and a dress, then the decided that the jeans were too hot so they disappeared, along with her knickers!!!!!
Then the dress came off, as she had found a whole drawer full of summer clothes.  
First it was a pair of 3/4 length pants, then she disappeared again only to return wearing the matching top, as the skivvy "didn't match mum!!!"
I tell ya - if this is what she is like now.... what in the world is she going to be like in 10 years time?!?!?!?!?
HOLY HECK!!!

Anyway......... she is such a little chatterbox, and talked non-stop all day....
Some of her classics were:
"Wow - you got a E-mor-mos piece off mummy"  Meaning I got an enormous piece of wallpaper off in one go!
"You're doing a great job mum!"
and my favourite of all, was near the end of the afternoon when she was getting tired......
"It sure is a big job aye mummy?  We need to stop for a drink break soon"
So all in all it was a good productive day......... filled with cute quotes from my girl!
And being back at work after being at home with her alone makes me miss her even more!
Crazy huh?  hehehehe

Righto - time to go make it look as if I am doing actual work!

Oh yeah.......... food!!!  
Hahahaha.. this blog is supposed to be about weight loss (yeah right) and I have just dribbled on about everything else BUT!
The past few days have actually been quite good in regards to food choices!
I have just made sure that I stayed away from crap, and ate vegies where possible!
Today lunch was a chicken and salad sandwich.... not sure what tonight will be - maybe I'll google the menu!

GOOD THINKING JO!!!!!

NOW time to do some work!

Comments:
Well done Rhian & Jo LOL Bet J was urprised when he got home. Geez just when you thought you had caught up on the washing I bet there was a pile again last night!!!!!!! Good girl for food choices. You can do it.:) Bet Chris is having a non stop conversation today being told all about the 'stripping' Hope she tells him it was wallpaper!!!!
Luv Ya,
Ma xoxoxo
 
Kids are precious - love their conversations. So even though Rhian has Junk-vi-ti-tis you are having some fun quality time!
 
Aww thanks for the concern mate... and as I have dad an enormous amount of wallpaper stripping in this house, I can sympathise! Rhian is a classic!
 
meant to say "done" not dad.... derrr me hands ain't working properly!
 
Well I hope it's me hands and not me brain !!!!
 
Sounds like you both had a great day together.
 
Sounds like fun stripping that wallpaper with the wee blonde princess :)

I love the 'drinks break' comment.

I know exactly what you are going through with the clothes changing, Adam does exactly the same - at least 3 changes and the leftovers scattered all over his bedroom...grrr.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?