Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wednesday...


Dumb question ahead.....................does herbal tea count towards your water quota?
A workmate gave me a raspberry teabag to try - and it is YUMMM!!!!!
I think I could drink that really easily instead of coffee!!

OK - back to last night.... I had big plans to NOT drink alcohol, to NOT eat fatty foods, and to generally be a good girl......
I am damn proud to say that I was perfect!!
Well...... OK, not perfect exactly, but I was so proud of myself!!
I went to the dinner, took my pasta salad and my bottle of SpriteZero and that is all I drank!

The food table was laden with crap food, but I guess that is to be expected with a house full of teenagers huh?
KFC, Fish & Chips, Lasagne, my pasta salad, another pasta salad, Sausage Rolls, Meat patties, and then there was cake and brownie and hot pudding!
I was a little disappointed, but I stuck to my resolve and didn't go near the table!
I mean, I KNOW what goes into my pasta salad, and there was NO WAY that I was going to eat any!  hehehe....

By 8pm I had a headache from all the screechy teenage girls trying to talk over each other, and I felt completely out of place as well, so I made my exit and left them all to it!
J was still out with his boss and his clients, so I just went home...
Then got a phone call to go collect J cos he had lent his car to some co-workers that are in town for a couple of days.
I got to the bar and him and his clients were drunk, so I had a glass of wine with them, then a couple of hot chips - remembering that I hadn't eaten dinner - and finally convinced them that it was time to call it a night at about 9.30pm.
By the time we got home, I was passed being hungry, so I just went to bed instead....  
So, like I Said, all in all I think yesterday was a success, especially since I was faced with so many temptations!!
Of course this morning I woke up feeling fantastic, and J woke up feeling decidedly second hand!  Hahahaha....... SO GLAD I didn't drink!!!
Today I am going to face more temptation.....
We have a lunch being put on for us at work, to thank us for our hard work year to date....
It is supposed to be a surprise, but I know that it is Nandos.
Not entirely sure what will be on offer, but I have "heard" that Nandos chicken isn't too bad, ie they remove the skin and grill the chicken.
I'm gonna google it soon and see if I can find out more.
I had actually planned to bring my own salad, but unfortunately it is still sitting in the fridge at home cos I COMPLETELY forgot!!!
Righto...... I'm one cup of tea and one bottle of water down already and it's only 9.50am, so I'm damn happy today!
Must say here, a huge THANK YOU to all of you that emailed or left comments recently - it's funny how reading a few lines of encouragement can really lift my spirits and make me feel like I CAN do this!
THANK YOU!!!


Comments:
Woo hoo for holding to your resolve and not eating badly .... looking forward to meeting you on Sunday chick. I will be the SHORT grumpy one .. well short compared to you and Helena anyway!
 
Hi Jo
I hope you don't mind me making an observation about your eating patterns. I've noticed that you skip a lot of meals - in your head you might be seeing this as a positive for weightloss because it reduces your overall calorie intake, but it actually really stuffs up your metabolism and leads to gains. You did really well last night with your resolve - I wouldn't have eaten any of that stuff either, but how about next time take your pasta salad - plus bring a "bonus" salad/food to the event that you know you can wisely eat. Or failing that, eat before hand. I reckon if you ate more regularly, you would see more positive and consistent results on the scales.
Just a thought
Lisa
 
Hey

I think tea does count towards your water quota.
Have a great week.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?