Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wednesday...

The tummy bug thing that I had on Monday turned out to be nothing too major – diarrhea and vomiting (too much information huh?), and that lasted all day. I had a little bit of soup for dinner on Monday night, but that came up again at about 2am, so when the morning rolled around, I stayed in bed!
I was going to venture out to take Rhian to daycare, but noticed her eye was a bit red… further investigation discovered that it was in fact conjunctivitis, so instead of staying in bed and feeling sorry for myself, I had to take her up to the Dr and get her checked out.
Yesterday it was just in one eye, this morning it’s in both, so although I’m feeling like a box of fluffies, I’m at home looking after my red-puffy-gooey eyed girl.
I have drops for her eyes, every four hours, but it must sting, cos she cries and cried when I put them in.
And of course, that is hard to watch… but I know it is for the best!
There is a chance that she could be away from daycare for the rest of the week – so I’m just taking it day by day at this stage.
Her dad is OK to have her tomorrow if need be, so that is good!
Not a hell of a lot more to report to be honest!The bug certainly helped the numbers on the scales go down…. Right down to 109kgs, but of course as soon as I ate something, they went right back up again – this morning those pesky little numbers flashed up 112kg, but overall – I’m actually happy with that!
My tummy still feels a little tender at times, but I think that is from throwing up….
Oh joy!
Righto – washing to hang out, beds to make, and dishes to do…….. Oh the life of a part time domestic goddess is so hard! *giggles*

Comments:
I hope Rhian is feeling better soon, conjunctivitis is horrible.
 
Hope you are enjoying the rest of your day. Was so cute seeing her on skype earlier. :) How's the wallpaper coming off? Bet Rhian is having fun doing that. :) Hope her eyes are improving.
Luv Ya
Ma :)
 
oh your poor little poppet. Its so hard having to dose children up with things that distress them. I was a basket case even when Evianah had her THREE menningitis injections as she was one of the children who reacted to the immunisation. (bad fever, arm swelling up, and very sore achy elbow joint in her arm) She was six years old so could semi understand what was happening (and why) but her pain and terror increased with each shot and I hated seeing her so distressed.
Hope Rhian gets better real quick.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?