Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday - YAY!!!


Well, I made it through the night alone, but had a crap sleep!
Woke up this morning far too early, and just lay there waiting for Rhian to climb into my bed like she does every morning.
Sure enough 6.15am she was there!
I had a slice of toast at home this morning fro breakfast as I was just starving!!!
Usually I can wait until I get to work and have my cereal and yoghurt, or fruit smoothie, but this morning I had to bridge the gap with some marmite on toast.
It did the trick, and got me through until about 9am when I made a smoothie with banana, boysenberries, a little natural yoghurt and trim milk.
YUMMMMMM!!!!!
I haven't been near the scales since Monday morning, so I have no idea how I am going, but my clothes definitely feel a little looser already, so I'm figuring that maybe I might have been retaining some water due to TOM turning up yesterday?
Hmmmmm, I wonder what the numbers will show on Monday - HOW EXCITING!!!
Weight Watchers at work starts next Thursday (I think?) so that will be cool too... not sure how many people have signed up but at the last count I'm pretty sure there were 10 of us.
I have another headache today, and have already taken painkillers, so hopefully it wont stick around.... this giving up coffee thing is hard work!  I though I would have been over the headaches by now....... mind you - I guess the headache could be from lack of sleep too!!
Righto - Nothing more to say at the moment..... so I'll sign off and go look for something to do!

Comments:
Well done Jo :) Good choices food wise will pay off. Just remember over the weekend to do the same...LOL :) Have a herbal tea first thing in mornings Not a decaf one though and it should help with the headaches. Worked for me and now I just do it on auto pilot....outa bed, switch on jug and hey presto it's done and I'm one cup down for the day already. Have a great weekend, Hugs to you & Rhian :) Talk soon maybe on skype :)
ps......your little nephew has chicken pox :( Poor wee man is covered in them apparently. Just waiting for little missy to get them now. Not nice at all:(
Luv ya
xoxoxoxo
 
I think it is great that WW is starting at your work, may help you knowing you have to face weighing in! Have a lovely weekend:-)
 
Hey congratulations Jo on releasign the smoking. after the first week the cravings do decrease a lot. in the first few days teh body starts to major detox the nicotine and thousands of otehr cig chemicals out of the liver and skin nad blood stream. As the chemicals come inot the blood stream it can make you cranky, and irritable. However fresh fruit, vegies, water, sweating exercise and skin brush, anything to help the body detox can help speed this along.
A lot of people find exercise of walking helps to cleanse and also release the irritable feelings that can arise. The deep breathes also help the body to start to enjoy breathing in deep air instead of smoke. Plus soon the feeling of having clearer lungs startst to make the walk more enjoyable. Some people do have a cleansing cold or cough as the gunk comes out of the lungs though, so extra rest is also important. The cravings sometimes are worse when the body is most majorly detoxing the gunk through the blood stream, so that feeling is a sign of major toxic chemicals leaving the body. That helps to be patient, as the body is truly amazing the way it starts to undo the damages of the years of smoking.
Hope that helps you keep going, the first week being the hardest, all the best! from jasmine
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?