Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday...


Steps for yesterday:  7970  

Didn't get out walking last night due to a whole host of reasons......
Getting out of work late, spending too much time at daycare reading stories to the other kids, stopped in at the shop to get some white vinegar to clean my washing machine, grabbed the washing off the line, spent too much time yakking to a girlfriend on the phone, then had to change Rhian cos she spilt a drop of juice on her pants and wont spend a millisecond with wet clothes on, then chased her around that house half naked as she decided she wanted to be a "rudie bum bum"!!!!!!  Then of course by the time I got the vegetables ready and into the crock pot I realised that it was 6.10pm, and it was getting too late - so the veges went in the microwave, and Rhian and I danced around a bit to Hi 5 instead!!!!!
It's pretty hard when Rhian's "wind down" routine starts at 7pm at the latest.
This means that she has to have had dinner and dessert (usually a fruit ice block for being a good girl and eating her dinner) by 7pm so we can get her to bed at a reasonable hour.
Bath time first, then quiet TV time, and then bed at 7.30pm.
I can see myself struggling a bit more with that as the weather gets nicer and the nights get longer, but hey, that's just life with a child huh?

I've had a reasonably busy morning this morning, had to work at the other office, so that was a change of scenery!
Not a lot on this afternoon, but we do have the information meeting with the Weight Watchers at Work chick, so that should be interesting!
I am pretty sure that it is starting next week, and along with that, work is also setting a "Step Challenge" as well.

Teams of 4 people, and it goes for 13 weeks (Same length of time that they are subsidising Weight Watchers for) and the team with the most steps at the end of the 13 weeks gets a prize!
We all get issued with pedometers for it, so it will be pretty cool me thinks!
Last nights dinner was really yummy....... we had corned beef with a heap of vegetables and it was just divine!!!
Not sure what tonight will hold though, as J is away with work in Auckland for the night, and I'm not sure that I can be bothered cooking for just the princess and me!
Might just have subway or something!  hehehe...

I'm lucky in a way, because Rhian gets a hot meal at daycare for lunch with meat and vegetables, so when dinner time rolls around, if it is only something lighter, then she doesn't really mind, and I'm not worried as I KNOW that she had a good lunch.
Although I must admit that last night she must have been hungry, cos she gobbled up all her dinner without leaving so much as a pea on her plate!
That's my girl!  hehehehehe.....
Still haven't had any coffee, and my headache has FINALLY subsided, so I am thinking that I must be over the worst of it!
Although, TOM made an appearance last night, so my headache has been replaced with stomach cramps!

Hahahahaha............ I really can't win at times huh?
Righto.... Since I've only been in the office for about an hour, and haven't actually done any real work yet, I better get on and do some!
Time for another Herbal tea too!



Comments:
Sounds like you are having a far better day today:-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?