Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tired...

Funny how one phone call can make your plans completely change!
I was planning on going to visit a girlfriend after work, having a catch up with her, then heading home for a quiet night with my girl and a bath and some TV.
HA!
Got a phone call from J asking me to babysit for his sister...
Didn't mind one little bit as she looks after Rhian from time to time.
Phone call came at 4.25pm.
"What time do I have to be there?"
"Oh not until 5.30pm" was the reply!!
OK, so I live 20 minutes from work, luckily his sister lives just around the corner from us, but I also had to collect Rhian from daycare, and pick up a bowl from my friends place.
I made it on time, but only just!
Next problem.... they had no idea how long they were going to be.....
So I had a choice... I could either eat the dinner that had been cooked for us (butter chicken from a jar on rice) or wait until God knows when to eat dinner.
I was starving, so as you can guess, the butter chicken won me over!
Luckily it was only a small serving!
But I think I made the right decision cos I've just got home now (well about 20 minutes ago) and I can't imagine that I could have lasted until 9pm to eat!!
Rhian was knackered, and crashed out about 5 minutes after we got home, so now she is safely tucked up in bed sound asleep, and I'm left sitting here in my own bed watching TV and listening to the wind bang the front door!
Have I mentioned before that I hate staying at home by myself?
I mean I LOVE having time to myself, but I HATE spending the night alone in the house...
Yep - I'm a wimp, so tonight is gonna be interesting!
J gets back from his business trip tomorrow, so it's only one night..... I guess I'll survive! hehe
Funny thing is that I am going away with work next week, and I'll be gone for two nights - I hate going away with work, almost more than I hate being at home alone!
God alone knows how I am going to manage my eating while I'm away, my boss already has plans for dinner out both nights and drinks as well.... He's a bit of a booze hag, so it's gonna be an interesting few days! hehe
Righto - time to make a herbal tea (I'm a bit peckish) and settle in for the night..
Oh yeah..... J rang earlier to say that while he was at dinner with his work group, the waiter dropped an entire tray of drinks on him!
He had to go back to his room and use the hairdryer on his pants!
It is a formal "awards" dinner and he only took one pair of dress pants!
Poor bugger! I can just imagine the words that came out of his mouth when it happened!
Hahahahahaha........... bet they raised some eyebrows!
Nitey nite!!

Comments:
Hope you managed some sleep. Yep the butter chicken was better than waiting til 9pm. Bet those kids had fun together too. :) Poor J and his pants......I wouldn't have wanted to be in that waiters shoes. Hope J gets some sort of compensation for the wet pants!!!!!
Hugs for the day :)
Luv Ya :)
Ma
 
Hmm butter chicken on rice, seem to remember having that on sunday night... courtesy of our son! It was Ok... if you like overcooked rice!!!! Anyway, bummer about J's pants, shame he only had one pair with him. And as for your eating while away next week, totally up to you what goes in ya mouth mate. But you know this eh?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?