Tuesday, October 23, 2007

All alone on a Tuesday....


It's weird..... I work in a big office - maybe 30 people in here, we are all separated by partition type walling thingees (that's not the weird part)
It's now 11.14am and I have just had my very first conversation with another human being!
It's taken 3 hours to talk to someone......
The area that I work in, there are 3 of us, my boss, my co-worker and me.
My boss is on annual leave, my co-worker is on bereavement leave, so that just leaves me here all alone on a Tuesday.....
Anyway, I guess my point is, that I feel really lonely today..... it's just a weird feeling!
Even though there are people all around, they would have to go out of their way to come see me, and of course if they don't actually NEED me for anything - then why would they come by this way!
Ah well..... looks like it's gonna be a longish day for Jo!

My long weekend was fabulous...........
The plan for Friday night was for me to go out with a couple of girlfriends, and J to stay at home and a mate of his was going to come over and they were gonna play playstation.....
That was until I convinced them to come out!
Oooooopppps!!!!!!!
My "couple of drinks" turned into a full on party, and we got home at about 2.30am on Saturday morning!
It was an absolute blast though, and I had a ball!  

I'm glad that I don't do it too often anymore though hehehe..... the hangovers SUCK!!
Saturday afternoon we headed up to Mum & Dad's place in Foxton, dumped our stuff, then headed out to the beach to our friends house for a BBQ dinner.
It was a lovely relaxed evening, and I didn't partake in TOO much wine!
Sunday morning the builders were at mum and dad's place at 8am to carry on with building the new deck, so we didn't get a sleep in at all.....

Sunday lunch was another BBQ at the beach, and Sunday night was a relaxing evening at mum & dad's.
We got up early-ish on Monday morning (surprised the hell outta mum that's for sure!!!) and headed back down to Wellington.
Cleaned the house, unpacked the bags, caught up with J's sister, watched a couple of DVD's and were both asleep in front of the TV by 9.30pm!
Nanna's!!!!!!!

I successfully ate my way through the entire weekend, and obviously am kicking myself for it now!
Too much fresh bread, sausages, cheeses and alcohol, but hey - I had fun and it was awesome to catch up with everyone!

I just hope that I can reverse most of the damage by Thursday weigh in!  hahaha
I was too scared to hop on the scales this morning, so I just ignored the little buggers!  
Buried my head in the sand and came to work instead!  hahaha

Gonna take a long lunch today and go grocery shopping, making sure that I stock up with plenty of fresh veges and lean meat!
I get Rhian back today, so it's easier to do it at lunch time rather than after I collect her from daycare!  

Not much more to report..........  apart from the fact that I'm looking at buying/hiring a treadmill cos I just can't seem to get everything organised in time to get out for a walk after work when I have Rhian.....
Excuses excuses........ blah blah blah.....


Comments:
Have fun getting the groceries. :) Maybe best to hire a treadmill first to see if you realy would use it. Also knowing you are paying for it to be at home it could also make you want to get your money's worth so you would use it more. like ours cause I can walk faster and harder on it than out pounding the streets. great too cause I can catch up on the TV while doing it. No time wasted. :)
Luv Ya & was great having you :)xoxoxo
 
With not having anyone talk to you, you could at least sneak off early and no one would notice (hopefully).....LOL

We have also been looking at a treadmill but don't know what would suit us and the hiring of one is quite expensive so we want to make sure we are doing the right thing first. I have a couple of links to sites if you wanna go have a look:

http://www.fitnessfactory.co.nz/?t=17

http://www.lafitness.co.nz/la-fitness-equipment.html
 
Ahhhh your weekend sounded alot like mine! Haha. Too many drinks on the Friday led to a bit of a write off for the rest of the weekend. Yours sounded slightly more productive than mine though.

Revel in that silence today girlfriend. The upside is - you get to blog from work. YEEHAW!
 
I have a treadmill and I just love it I used it every morning be4 work just for 15 minutes and at the weekend I try for 30-60minutes, its the one piece of gym equipment I am glad I bought especially in winter when it rains and you can't get out(well thats my excuse!)and believe me I have bought many and they have all become clothes horses lol.
Glad you had a good weekend:)
 
I know what you mean about the exercise - sometimes there's just not enough hours in the day!

Glad you had a good weekend!
 
I have been thinking about getting a treadmill as well. Perhaps I will just try one out at home first to see if I can make it work.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?