Thursday, October 18, 2007

Weigh in result...


Weigh in result:

Last week:  115.9 kg
This week:  115.5 kg
Loss:      400gm

Not a hell of a lot, but it's a loss and I'm taking the little buggar!!
Next week WILL be better!!!


SUPPORT:
The support that I get from reading online journals is fantastic!
It's always good to know that there are others out there that are going through the same types of issues that I am, be it bingeing, or drinking, or not exercising, or clothing issues or anything at all!
Sometimes I sit here and think that things are crap.

That I must be the only person in the world to have felt this useless / lost / upset / disappointed or whatever the emotion may be at the time!
But through years of reading others experiences, it has taught me that no matter what I am feeling, there is someone out there in Blogland that knows how I feel, and may be going through the exact same thing right then.
Of course, journals are also a great way to knock myself out of a funk......I know that if I am feeling crappy, or think that I need a kick up the butt, I can log on to one of my favs, and see the courage and determination that they have, and it is like a reality check for me to get off my lazy ass, stop feeling sorry for myself, and get out there and tackle my demons head on!
And of course, if it wasn't for blogging, I wouldn't have met some amazing woman, that I am now proud to call my friends!
You know who you are!
Of course there have been ups and downs in this journey of mine.....
Sometimes I have wanted to throw all my toys out of this damn cot and scream at the world!
It all seems too hard, it all seems so unfair.
But I guess the crux of the matter is this:
It is something that I have to deal with every single day for the rest of my life, so I might as well just suck it up and live with it!!!
Sometimes I find myself clinging to my past success, and sometimes that makes me mad.

But.... at the end of the day, it has been a huge achievement to lose over 50kg.  Sure, I may have gained a lot back when pregnant, but I took it off again.
Sure, I may still be a couple of kilos over my lowest weight, but it's been a 5 year journey, and if a couple of kilos are what I have to show for it, then I'm ok with that - for now.
I'm gonna get to goal, I know that.  It's just a matter of time......

It seems that my nagging at J about getting our spare room back, and finishing Rhian's room has paid off!
He announced yesterday that he is PAYING someone to come in and do the plastering, so all we have to do is the painting.... YAY!
I know how much he HATES plastering, and since he has contacts that will do it ultra cheaply - it makes sense!
He reckons it will be done within 2 weeks......... FANTASTIC!!!


Comments:
Well done on your loss. It's off that's the main thng. Keep smiling, you're doing fine :)
 
Great loss my friend!
Love the support post! It is SO SO true - you have hit the nail on the head!
Thank you for sharing this inspirational post!
*hugs*
 
Congrats on the loss!!
 
Hey Jo, well done. Yours is one of the few blogs which gets me!! I get so much from reading your different trials, tribulations and celebrations, and acknowledges to me that if your having a "moment" its okay for me too! It makes you who you are and who I am, I am, human. Thanks for being you, and have a great weekend!! Hugs Sherrece xx
 
Well done on your loss this week, like us all any loss is a good loss as I put my shorts on today and they felt a bit tight never mind back on the treadmill tomorrow.
Keep up the good work :)
 
Great loss Jo. Also a great post to read. Have to say snap - I've been doing this for five years too and am also a couple of kilos up from my lightest, which means we are both succeeding!!
 
hey another loss :) well done.. congratulations.. you have come a long way my friend from that time we met.. how many years ago was that now? LOL :)

Anne
http://lose2live.blogspot.com
 
Way to go on the loss mate.

Have a fantastic weekend.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?