Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Aching Legs...


It's amazing how unfit I am....... after my 45 minute walk yesterday, I woke to find my legs aching.
Then of course when I got to work this morning and had to climb the 51 stairs to get to my office, they (my thunder thighs) started to object!!!
Crazy how totally unfit I am, but also crazy about how blimmen determined I am to get that fitness back!!!!!

Breakfast this morning was a glorious smoothie consisting of banana, kiwiwfruit, natural yoghurt and trim milk..... DIVINE!
That was at 8.30am, and now it's 11.50am and I'm not even hungry!!!
Lunch will be cottage cheese and pineapple on rice cakes again, since I have already got the ingredients, followed by an orange later in the day if I get hungry again.
I've got a meeting this afternoon that I need to do some more prep work for, so that has been keeping my mind occupied, and I'm finding that I would usually be craving a cigarette about now, but today, I'm not the slightest bit worried!
It's been a week today since I "gave up" if you don't count my slip up on Saturday night, and I'm feeling fine.....
Life is good...
Oh yeah - thanks to everyone who sent emails of support when I said about my sister being in hospital.... I'm thrilled to report that she is home and getting better by the day... She actually went home on Saturday, and I was lucky enough to talk to her via webcam on Sunday - she looks great, and sounds even better.
Mum & Dad are over there with her, and they return home tomorrow, so she has been well looked after that's for sure!  
Amazing what the body can go through and recover so quickly.... just amazing!
Oh yeah - if you wanna read about exactly what was done.... cruise on over to my mum's blog:  she has it all written down there:

www.jeans4me.blogspot.com

I'm sure she wont mind you popping in to say hi!!!!

Not much more to add....
Oh yeah - totally off the topic of weight loss or healthy eating or anything, but I saw the most amazing thing this morning on my way to work....
I was driving down the road, and I saw a little bird fly directly in to the path of a bus.
OK, I thought, that's the end of that little fella.
Of course it was a bit like a train wreck.... I just had to watch.
I watched it get run over by the front wheel, get flipped up into the path of the rear wheels and get run over again.
I saw it land on the road, and then the amazing part was this...................... I then saw it get up and fly away!
I couldn't believe what I saw, and even now when I think about, I just shake my head in amazement.
It may be a little thing to many, but to me it showed that there are great things happening out there everywhere every day......and I wanna be a part of it all!


Comments:
Baby steps Jo LOL You'll soon pick up the fitness. Maybe some long walks in Taupo!!!! LOL
 
It was not the wee bird's TIME eh? I believe in fate...
 
I went back to the gym yesterday the arms are a tad sore!!!

I loe smoothies in the morning i might try banana and kiwifruit sounds pretty good!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?