Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Mid Week Slump...


So tired today..... that'll teach me for enjoying a few too many glasses of wine last night!
It wasn't a late night by any stretch of the imagination, in fact we were home by 9pm, and I was probably asleep by 9.30pm!

But it was a bit of a restless night and I woke up feeling like I could sleep for another 6 hours!!
We went out for a BBQ to J's sisters place and the food was just divine!

She made a gorgeous salad and added some blanched fresh asparagus cut up into chunks....
Now I have never been an asparagus fan at all, but I'm thinking that may be because I have only ever tried soggy asparagus rolls that you get served up at a funeral and the asparagus comes out of a can.....  blergh!
So I can now say that asparagus rocks, and I even went out at lunch time and bought some, so I'll be trying to cook it myself tonight...

This time of the year gets so busy.....  J and I sat down the other day and worked out our calenders....
We have something on every weekend from now until the end of January!
Of course everything seems to involve the mighty dollar, and when you don't have a hell of a lot of them, it makes things difficult!
But, I'll be doing my best to stick to a budget (of nothing) and trying to enjoy every even that is planned.....
It starts this Friday......

Oooo, and the exciting thing......... if I can come up with an airfare to Melbourne, then I might be going to the Tennis Open in January!
J found out that he is going with work, and if I want to go, all I have to pay for is my flight, and spending money of course!!
I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe, I might have to hit the credit card and pay it off once my bonus comes through!!
Dunno..... gotta think about that one!


Work is busy at present.... which is brilliant for me, I'm really enjoying my job at the moment.
Certainly makes a difference from a few months ago when I was looking at leaving cos I was bored out of my tree!
Speaking of work, best I get on and do some huh??


Comments:
Jo I'm in Melbourne and go to the tennis every year. It's totally worth every cent!
 
Wow!! You are going to be busy bunnies over the next few weeks!!!!! Have fun. xoxoxo
 
OOO I really hope you get to go to Melbourne mate.
 
welcome back! I loveeeee fresh asparagus ... just wish it didnt make ya pee smell so bad LMAO! Always wanted to go to Melbourne ... the shopping is supposed to be fantastic *sigh*
 
Mmmm yum, asparagus! It's so easy to cook too. My MIL taught me.. you snap off the ends, where-ever they snap easily, rinse them.. put them on a plate or microwavable dish, a little bit of water at the bottom, then cook for 1-2 minutes.. perfect every time. So easy. Yum!
 
I'm so glad Kate put a comment on how to cook them because I was just going to ask you.

I usually get the canned soggy type because I love them but I've always wanted to cook the 'real' one's but was too scared....LOL

Melbourne will ROCK and it is the shopping capital of Australia, load that credit card up mate.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?