Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Wednesday...


I'm loving work at the moment...... it makes a change to be busy and have my brain occupied with thoughts of meaningful stuff, not just the usual "What can I eat now?" bullshit!!!
I find that when I am bored, I "think" I am hungry, I graze constantly and end up going home feeling like a big fat whale at the end of the day.

Whereas, when I am busy, I can quite happily ignore all food on offer and just work on through, not worrying about what is going to go into my stomach!

**WARNING**  Too Much Information Follows:
I'm gonna be talking about poos and bowel motions, so if you don't wanna read........... scroll through it ya pussy!  hahahaha...

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

***GROSS BIT STARTS***

OK........ So I'm STILL having trouble taking a crap.
Well, not so much the TAKING the crap part, but the frequency of it all.......
I can eat like the proverbial pig, and literally not "release" any of it for 4 or 5 days.
Example:
Thursday - Can't remember what I ate, but I KNOW I took a dump.....  haha
Friday - ate breakfast, lunch and dinner (can't remember exactly what), PLUS copious amounts of alcohol that evening.
No toilet action
Saturday - Maccas BLT Bagel for breakfast (good cure for a hangover), Muffin x 2 (thanks Anne) for morning tea, Wedges & Hot Chicken sandwich for lunch, Burger and Chips for dinner, followed by some lollies.
No toilet action - starting to feel a little yuk
Sunday - Toast & eggs for breakfast, Sandwich for lunch, Fish & Chips for dinner
No toilet action - Bloated, grumpy, crampy stomach
Monday - Smoothie for breakfast, Sandwich for lunch, cereal bar x 2 through the day, meatballs and rice for dinner
No toilet action - by this stage I'm pissed off at the world, tired, grumpy, sore stomach (crampy), and just generally miserable.
Tuesday - Smoothie for breakfast with a liquid laxative added, filled roll for lunch,
TOILET ACTION!!!!!

But.......... If I hadn't of taken the laxative in my smoothie, then how long do you think my body would have gone without expelling some of that???
Does it mean that nearly EVERYTHING I eat is turning straight in to fat and sitting on my ass????
I mean COME ON!!!!!
Surely it can't be "normal" to take a crap ONCE every five days............... CAN IT???????????

Anyway, I have been looking at all sorts of different options, and I'm a tad reluctant to go back to my Dr, cos she wants to put me on another course of laxative tablets, and believe me, I'm not a great fan of those puppies!!
It's not pleasant for ANYONE I tell ya!!!
So.......... like I said, I've been looking at a few different things, and found out about "Colon Hydrotherapy"
I guess my question is................... has anyone out there in blogland ever HAD a colonic, and what have your experiences been?
There is a place in Wellington that does it, and it's about $100 a pop.
They recommend a course of 5 or 6 over a few months, then a regular one every 6 months for maintenance.
But before I fork out hundreds of dollars that I don't actually have, I just wanted some opinions....
So - lemme have it - WHADDAYA RECKON??????

***GROSS BIT STOPS***

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

Now it's confession time...................

A few weeks/months ago, I talked about giving up smoking?
I was on here every day bitching and complaining about how hard it was??
Then all of a sudden I stopped bitching and complaining?
Well............ you guessed correctly - I SUCK at giving up smoking!!!
I lasted approx 5 days, then caved in and had one.
That led to another and another and another........
No excuses really - I just suck!!!
One thing I found really hard, was the fact that J was still smoking.
I tried to convince him to give up at the same time, but he really wasn't interested at all......
No worries - I'm not gonna force anyone to do anything they don't wanna.
So....... this week, he announces that he is giving up.
In fact, he hasn't had one since last Friday night, and has no intention of having one.
So I decided that if he can do it - then DAMMIT - SO CAN I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today will be my first day....... I can usually get through the 1st day OK, then the 2nd day is usually OK as well.
It's when I hit day 3 and 4 and 5 that I go off the rails and lose it.......
So this week is gonna be a hard one, especially since we have the wedding to go to on Saturday - which means drinking, and drinking for me goes hand in hand with smoking.......... plus throw in the fact that I only know the bride, the groom and J (who is a groomsman and will be sitting at the head table) so I'm gonna be in a weird setting, with alcohol and no one that I know!  AARRGGHHHH!!!!
I'm stressing and need a smoke just thinking about it!!!!!
FARK - this is gonna be hard!
OK Jo, just don't think about it too much - you'll be fine!

Oh yeah - and speaking of the wedding - I still don't know exactly what I am going to wear dammit!!!!!
I have a few things that I can make an outfit out of I guess, but I'm thinking that it will all depend on what the weather is like on the day......
Hopefully it will be nice, cos the service is outside, and apparently the alternate venue for wet weather is tiny and would more than likely not fit the 70 guests in it!
OH JOY!!!!  hehehehe.......

Anyway......... as you have probably notice, I have successfully avoided talking about eating healthy, or exercise or anything even vaguely related to weight loss, and that would be because I haven't done EITHER!
I haven't eaten "healthy" for a few weeks now, and exercise - WHAT'S THAT?????
I KNOW I need to get my ass in to gear and get serious, and I KNOW that I say this every few weeks, so I'm just gonna shut up about the whole damn thing until I KNOW that I am ready to get serious about it all!
And when that may be is anyone's guess!
Although I suppose this morning I made the right choice and had cereal and yoghurt for breakfast, and a WW cereal bar for morning tea, instead of toast and peanut butter for breakfast and a muffin for morning tea.
It may not be much, but I guess it is something huh?
Yeah I know - I'm grasping at straws!  hahahaha
Seems like all I am doing lately!

But.............. I'm actually happy!!!!
OK, not with my weight, but happy with my life in general - my job is sorted, and I'm happy about that.
My love life is trucking along nicely, I'm happy and contented and settled, and I like that feeling.
The house and the renovations are moving, albeit very slowly, but they are moving along.
Rhian is a wonderfully spirited lively and intelligent child who brightens my life every day with the tiniest things, and I can't begin to imagine what my life would be like without her smiling face in it.
My family are all amazing, and I know we have a fantastic relationship...... I would be lost without each and every one of them, and I count my blessing each day to have such supportive and loving people surrounding me.
My friends are all wonderful, even when I don't make enough time for them!!  I'm lucky to have a group of friends that aren't high maintenance..... we can see each other every week, or every month, or every 6 months and it is all good.  No pressure, no stress, just laughter and love - BLISS!
So there ya have it - so many things to be thankful for.........

I love this life..........

Just wish I was skinnier!!

Hahahahahahaha

xoxo


Comments:
Hey Jo

If you need some help in the Stopping smoking area i can really recommend the book "the easyway to stop stopping by Alan Carr"

As you know I was a 30 a day smoker and I stopped with his book, and I was happy to. aven't touched, or even wanted to touch a cigarette for 7 months now.

I have the book if you want to borrow it.
 
Sweetheart Just do it.....stop the smokes , stop the crap food and start moving.........do it together and it will be much easier. I know you are happy but you can be even happier AND you CAN do it, you both can. This is said in the most caring of ways. I love you too much to see you not achieve great things.
Big Hugs & Love Always
Ma xoxoxo
 
Hi JO

Have been a lurker for quiet some time but really wanted to comment on this. This is an issue I am very familiar with.

I to have "poo Issues" I have all my life and to a degree I still do. I will admit my diet was healthier than yours, I exercised regularly and drank plenty of water. Still..... No action for 5 to 6 days until I was so sore and uncomfortable and had really bad smelly wind that I was scared to work in my small office.Then a laxative had to be introduced for some relief. I eventually found Colonic Irrigation.

I was scared the first time I went. Will it Smell? Is it messsy? It's so embarrassing?

It was none of these things. It is true that it is not a quick fix solution. I had 10 to 12 (kind of lost count) until I really felt clean and got regular. At a cost for $110 a go yes it was expensive.
Was it worth it?
You bet. It actually feels so comfortable. Warm water going through your intestines and cleaning you out, a little bit more each time you go. It takes about an hour and the time flew by and I would look forward to the next week that I could go again.

I now go every 3 months for "maintenance" and feel better. I basically have been diagnosed with Irritable bowel syndrome and I have problem food that I need to avoid. I don't need medication an I can control it through diet mainly.

I think I was so messed up that I could not determine what my problem food was until I was cleaned out. I felt sick, bloated, windy, lathargic and generally unhealthy all the time. Now I can quickly determine if something sits right with me or not.

For instance apples. I love apples but I cannot eat them. The sugar somehow reacts in my gut and I bloat instantly, have bad flatulance and suffer with the constipation after it. Guess what? I use to eat two apples a day.

If you are really serious about your problem give it a go, but not unless you are prepared to give it it's full cycle. Some people only need maybe 6 goes, others like me more. I had 34 years of build up to remove, it cannot be eliminated in a one hour session.

I honestly believe going once will make no difference at all.

Once again all the best, as this use to control and almost ruin my life. My stomach would bloat so much that people would ask if I was pregnant. I had two sets of clothes in my wardrobe, one for normal days (Very few) and ones for a 6 month pregnant size bloated stomach.

Take care and I Hope it all works out for you.

Christine
 
Hi Jo,
Well I don't know anything about the irigation thingy although I did see a tv show and all the people seemed happy with the results afterwards (and how good they feel).
I have also had a 'poo' issue and found it came down to one thing. Fruit. (or lack of it) I went to a guy who does homopathic treatments and he picked up that I had a 'sluggish' system that was not helping my weight.
He asked how often I went poos and when I told him once every 3 days (sometimes 4) he was shocked and told me that I needed regular BM's in order to not be at high risk of bowel cancer.
Anyway, he told me to eat two pieces of fruit before 9.30am. I alternate with the fruit I chose as it doesn't seem to matter what I eat as long as I have a good two servings each morning. After about 5 - 6 days I noticed I was going to the toilet almost every day and its been that way since May.
It seems to have cleared up my problem and its all come down to a bit of fruit in the mornings.
Arrrrh, relief.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?