Friday, November 30, 2007

Where's the blimmen week gone to??


This is CRAZY - Where has the week gone to????
It's Friday afternoon already, only 2 hours to go before it's the "weekend" and I have Monday off - YAY!!!

I LOVE long weekends!
The social life is starting to take it's toll this week, that's for damn sure!
Tuesday night was drinks with some of J's clients, we got home at 11pm

Wednesday night was a BBQ at J's sisters place, we got home at 10pm
Thursday night was "Xmas drinks" held by a client of J's and although I didn't join them until about 9pm, I made up for lost time and we got home at 1.30am
Of course work this week has been extra busy, and this morning I was regretting my decision to have "a few" last night!!
But, in saying that, a good time was had by all, and I'm feeling fine, just a little tired.....
Thankfully we don't have anything on tonight, so it will be spent relaxing with "the girls" (kittens) and generally recuperating and getting our energy up for the weekend!!
Tomorrow night is a dinner and dance at the Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club (sounds posh - we aren't!!) in town for a federation that J belongs to through his work.
Luckily I am going to know a few people, and his sister and her husband are going too, and we get on great, so I'm really looking forward to it!
I'm gonna try to remember to take my camera and get LOADS of pics!!!!

Sunday we are heading off up to Foxton for my gorgeous mum & dad's 40th wedding anniversary festivities.
A family lunch at 12noon, and then they are opening the house to friends for the remainder of the afternoon and evening.
Should be great!!!
My gorgeous divine little sister is coming over from Sydney and I can't wait to see her!!!
Of course my big sister is heading up to mums as well with her two kidlets (and husband) so it will be fantastic to catch up with them as well.
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is why I have Monday off - so that I don't have to leave the fun and head home early on Sunday - it's a 2 hour drive at least to get home in the traffic on a Sunday!
So the weekend is gonna be a big one, but I'm ready for it!!!!
Food has been great this week, water consumption has been fabulous, alcohol intake has been "up there" as well, which is not so good, but I had a great loss on the scales yesterday, so I'm over the moon.......
What I didn't tell you all is that last week when I weighed in, I GAINED 5.1kgs in the 6 weeks of not going to weigh ins!!!!
YEP - 6kgs!!!!!!!!

That took me up to 122.1kgs, higher than what I was when I started the at work weight watchers program.
Higher than I have been for about 3 years in fact!!!!
It gave me a bloody shock that is for certain, and I spent the afternoon and most of the night in tears.
I swore to myself in no uncertain terms that I would NEVER get over 120kgs again.
But the reality was, that I didn't care enough NOT to get back to 120kgs!!!!!
BUT.......... this week at my official weigh in, I dropped 3.2kgs, and am now sitting on 118.9kgs.

Of course my scales at home read 2kgs lighter, so I like them a hell of a lot better!!!  hahahaha...
And as of this morning my home scales were reading 115.5kg, so that is what I am going with!!!
The cupboards at home are clear of ANYTHING that I go weak over..... NO chippies, NO lollies, NO chocolate
The fridge has a heap of apples, strawberries and yoghurt.
The fruit bowl is loaded with oranges and bananas.
In the evening after dinner, when we are peckish for something sweet, instead of reaching for the lollie jar, we head for the fruit bowl instead.
Fresh fruit salad with natural yoghurt stomps out the sweet cravings and is damn filling as well!
Creamy mayo dressings in the fridge have been thrown out and replaced with balsamic vinegarette, and the butter has been replaced with a low fat spread.

It's amazing how fast the bad habits creep back in to my life, and how easily I let them!!!
I am going to have to be extra vigilant over the Xmas / New Year period, because I know it would be so easy to let that disgusting number appear on the scales again!  And I CARE too much to let that happen again!!!!!



Comments:
Oh yeah, someone else who can gain heaps in a short time.... I AM NOT ALONE!!! I gave you an award today, so there! Hope you have a fantastic weekend chick, and can resist all the shit food.
 
Woohoo Jo. That is great. Food this weekend isn't too bad but I am having my favourite dessert at the Sunday lunch but we can keep each other in check. Anyway I am sure the little policeman or should say witchy poo will be asking us "do you really need that?" ROFL. I'll just give her another drink!!!!!!!!
See you Sunday :) xoxoxoxo
 
Easy to slip back in old ways, yet I find once the fridge, fruit bowl is full of healthy goodies doesn't take long to get back into control. Hard time of the year ahead as well!!

Enjoy the weekend celebrations:-)
 
There's always a positive! I think we're just too hard on ourselves sometimes to see it. I think it's a great achievement that you recognised the bad habits creeping in and reigned in control before the numbers went higher - and you were well rewarded by a good loss! Hope you have a great weekend.
 
i found you AGAIN! woohoo! so excellent!
 
3.2kgs loss...fan-friggin-tastic!

Stocking the house with healthly options makes life much easier, its just going to all these Xmas events where everyone has 'nibbles' that's the hard thing eh?

Have a great weekend at your Mum and Dad's this weekend.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?