Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Another week...


Well, my weekend was fantastic - lots of food, fun & friends......
Thursday night I was supposed to go out with some workmates for dinner and then to a girlfriends house for coffee, but at the last minute J and I decided to go out for a meal together and do some talking.....
It was the best thing that we could have done....
Things that were rocky are now a lot smoother, and little things that had built up into big things, are now teeny tiny things....
I know this doesn't make sense, but let's just say that things with us haven't been all rosy for some time, and we were both just going through the motions.
After a good long overdue talk, things are a heck of a lot better!
Anyway, Friday night instead of doing our own thing, we went out for a meal as a couple and then went home to watch a couple of DVD's.

Little things like that can really make a difference.
I think at this time of the year it can be all too easy to get caught up in all the festivities that are going on, and not pay enough attention to what is really important.
That is certainly what we have been doing, but NO MORE!
Saturday night we went out to a work function of J's, and instead of staying out half the night (and morning) we came home at a reasonable hour (just after midnight) which meant that neither one of us were too hungover for the "family day" that was organised by another of J's customers.
A great time was had by all at the park, and it was a good laugh to see J dressed as Santa, coming down the flying fox at a million mile an hour!!  
At one stage I was sure he wasn't going to be able to stop the thing!  *giggles*
Rhian was so funny........ she wouldn't go near "Santa" at all, so everyone around thought that was absolutely hilarious!!!
I got her present from "Santa" and we went and sat down to open it up, but the whole time she was listening to "santa" intently.
A few minutes later, she turned to me and said:
"Mummy, why did Jeremy turn in to Santa Claus?"
Well, I just laughed and told her that he was helping the real Santa cos he was very very busy at this time of year!
Of course, once she has figured out who it was she was a lot happier, but still wouldn't go near him until he had taken the suit off!
She's never really liked Santa Claus as all now that I think about it!  hahahaha

She likes the present though!!!  I've taught her well!!  *smiles*

The rest of Sunday was spent relaxing and not doing much of anything, and it wasn't until later in the day that I realised how burnt my face was.
I woke on Monday morning with a thumping headache and a queasy stomach, so I'm picking that I may have had a touch of sunstroke......
I had sunblock on my body, just not my face cos I had make up on that I thought contained an SPF............. it didn't!
Anyway, my scalp got burnt, my face got burnt and it is still too sore to wear makeup or even wash my hair!
That'll teach me to ALWAYS wear sunscreen and a hat!
Luckily I slathered Rhian with sunblock, and she doesn't have a red patch on her anywhere!
At least I got something right huh???
So, yesterday I stayed home from work, and spent most of the day sleeping!!!!
Must have needed it, although I'm still quite tired now - I think it is just "that time of the year"

I can't wait until Friday afternoon....... I have got 2 full weeks off work, so I finish up on Friday and don't come back until the 7th of January!
I'm picking that I wont be updating my blog much over that time either!  hehehehe..
Oh yeah, then when I get back on the 7th, I'll work that full week, then have the 18th - 21st of Jan off on annual leave, cos I'm GOING TO MELBOURNE!!!!!
Yep - we decided that since J doesn't have to pay for anything at all, then we will go halves in my ticket, and then all we have to come up with is our spending money!
And since it's only 4 days, I'm sure I can get by on a strict budget!
YAY!!!!   How exciting!!!!!

Righto - I better get my butt in to gear and do some work now....... I haven't done much of anything since coming back from lunch!
Speaking of lunch - I FINALLY got my Xmas shopping done!!!
I bought Rhian the cutest most gorgeous pink Barbie Bike!!
It is only a cheap one, cos goodness knows she wont be riding it for long before it will be too small for her, but I KNOW that she is just going to love Love LOVE it!!!  I can't wait to see her face when she opens it up!!!

Better figure out how it all goes together I guess *giggles*, I can't see her being very impressed with being giving it still unassembled and still in the box!!
Dontcha just LOVE Christmas?!?!?!?!

Oh yeah - my eating has still been good!!!  thought I'd better just throw that in there!  hahaha.....

Comments:
Talking sure is important!!!! Wish I could have seen Rhians face re Santa.LOL!! Grandads Santa sure has a lot to answer for starting off the "Barbie" stage...ROFL. Hope you tell her how lucky she is cause you never had one...LOL
Luv Ya
Ma xxoxoxo
 
Glad to hear the air was cleared with you and J.

How cute with Rhian and J (or should I say 'santa).

Have a fantastic break chicken.
 
Yep, we too learnt the importance of talking more and we have a "date" once a month with an overnight babysitter - definitely works for us.

Lol ... I was told by someone years ago that between the ages of 18 months and 4 years lots of kids just don't like Santa! Lachlan "says" Santa constantly whenever he sees a picture but as soon as you take him within 2 feet of a Santa he's in tears - and true to form he's 21 months.

Hope you enjoy your holidays!
 
Have a cool Christmas!! Still been reading your blog lots, even tho the commenting gets a bit sparse.
 
Have a great christmas and New Year..hope santa is kind to you and yours..... :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?