Thursday, December 13, 2007

Weigh Day....


Well, today is the last weigh day of our "Weight Watchers At Work" program, and I can't wait!  haha...
Certainly makes a change from a few weeks ago when I avoided it like the blimmen plague!
I have been so good in relation to food, excellent with my water, pretty bad with exercise, but we won't talk about that, and I'm hoping for a loss all the same!
Actually - I'm pinning my hopes on losing at least 600 grams so that I will be lighter than what I was when I started!  haha

Imagine if I had actually stuck at it in the early weeks, where I could be now!?!?!
Back down somewhere around the virgin fat territory would have been great!
Never mind, no use in looking back and wondering "what if"........ just gotta keep at it now and continue on the downwards trend..... weight wise I mean :)

I'm still gonna weigh in once a week at home, and I'm still gonna stick to my new healthier eating ways, so it will be fantastic to see the results as the weeks go by.
I have a work meeting to go to straight after weigh in, but hopefully I can duck back here and update with my results...

And now on to other things.............
NO - I'M NOT PREGNANT!!!
Hahahahahahaha.....
I have had 4 people ask me if that is my reasoning behind giving up on the alcohol - especially at this time of the year!
Sorry to disappoint you clucky bunnies out there, but a baby is definitely not on the cards in the near future!  (And I say the NEAR future, cos I do actually want to have another baby at some stage, but not just yet  *giggles)
My reasons for giving up alcohol are pretty simple actually....
I've discovered that I can actually have a good time when I go out and NOT drink.
I've discovered that I can do without the hangovers the day after cos I am positive they are getting worse the older I get.
And I've also discovered that I hate Hate HATE the dramas that I seem to attract when I have been drinking!
I get really emotional / paranoid / jealous / angry etc....

So, to avoid the drunken arguments, the jealousy, the paranoia and the aggro that seem to be magnified when I consume alcohol, I've decided to give it away and stay sober, and HAPPY!!!
Of course this doesn't mean that I have given up entirely!
In fact, I'm going out on Saturday night to a function with J, and no doubt I'll have a few wines, but there is where it will stop.
A FEW.
And by a few, I mean a few glasses, not a few bottles!!  *grins*
So there ya have it .........  I just wanna have a clear head on the weekend, and not have to cringe when I have flashbacks of what I have said or done to people.
Alcohol is not bad, far from it, but my reaction to too much alcohol is something that I have questioned, and therefore decided to eradicate.....
YAY ME!!!!!

What else............
I'm going out for dinner tonight with some work mates............. Indian - YUM!!!!!!!
We decided that since it is the last day of Weight Watchers, we needed to celebrate our achievements, and dinner seemed the best and easiest option....
Of course Indian is loaded with calories and if you add the delicious garlic naan bread that I am also going to order, it will blow my points off the scale today, but I am confident that my eating already this week will allow a butter chicken in to the mix.
I can't wait!
After dinner I'm going to catch up with a friend for a coffee, so it is gonna be a good night.

I'm in a really good place personally at the moment, really positive and calm.
I haven't had this sense of peace in my life for years, so I'm revelling in it and just enjoying each day and also enjoying the people around me.
So if I am not updating as much as what I used to, I guess that is why......
I'm happy, and content and know where my life is heading, and I'm loving every second!
Hard to explain but I guess that's just the way life goes sometimes :)





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?