Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday Monday...


Don't the weekends just go by so blimmen fast???

I didn't end up going to the races on Saturday at all.
Instead, J and I stayed home and had a quiet day cleaning the house, spending time together and then in the afternoon I went and got Rhian from Chris, as I had missed her too much, so he was good enough to hand her over to me two days early!

We took her out for dinner on Saturday night to a Japanese place that cook the food in front of you on a huge grill thing..... she LOVED IT!!!
Of course they make a big drama out of it all and had things flying around, so she thought it was such a crack up!!
I must admit I had visions of her going home and throwing the salt and sauce around the kitchen, but thankfully, she hasn't tried that yet!!!

Sunday we all headed off for the park, but decided to get lunch first, and when we asked her what she wanted, she replied "Yum Cha"!
I'm thinking that she must have heard me and J talking about having Yum Cha earlier in the morning, but since she reckoned she wanted it, we had it anyway.
I've never seen a 3 year old eat steamed seafood dumplings the way my daughter does!!  she Loves them!  She peels off the "skin" as she calls it, eats the filling, then shoves the whole "skin" in her mouth and gobbles that up too!
She obviously gets her love of seafood from her father though, cos my limit is fresh fish and maybe calamari.
After lunch we headed off to the park by the beach, and had a run around there, and J took her for a ride on the miniature train, so that was pretty cool.
Home time again, and she had J's niece around to play, so they entertained each other for a bit, then we made some chocolate crackles and they got to mix it all up and spoon the mixture into cupcake liners, so  you can imagine the state of my kitchen after that!!
It's amazing how much mess two 3 year olds can make in such a short time frame!  


Anyway, that pretty much sums up my weekend, pretty quiet and "kid" orientated - just the way I like them!!!

Eating has been pretty good, and I think I made the right choices at Yum Cha!  Not too many fried things - mostly just steamed, so that has to be better right??

Righto - I'm all on my own today, so best I get back to work..... so much to do and the day is already half gone  :)


Comments:
Sounds like a lovely weekend:) Just what you needed after all the rushing around last week. Bet the girls did have fun in the kitchen!!!!!!! Have a great week:)
Luv
Ma xoxoxox
 
Oh yeah! They're little buggers at that age aren't they? Wait until she falls in love with makeup!!!
 
Sounds like a great weekend - now if only they could clean up the messes as easily as they make them.
 
ohh mmmmmmm, yum char, my absolute favourite food in the whole universe.
Used to go fortnightly in Auckland with a friend for lunch. Havn't found one in the BOP yet.
My daughter loves it to, but she was taken to her first one when she was only 3 days old so really had no choice but to eat the stuff as soon as she was able to. lol
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?